Serial lurker unmasked!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

NickBristol

Forager
Feb 17, 2004
Bristol, UK
Hello all! I've finally remembered to register after visting for getting on for six months. Apart from all the neat things I've learnt already, I have been really impressed by how friendly, helpful and non-judgemental you all seem to be (at least in public!) with people who are new and ask daft questions like I know I will.

A bit of background to me, I'm 27, live & work in Bristol but not originally from here. I love being out in the environment and experiencing being part of something far bigger and older than modern life. I've spent a lot of time outdoors, on land and sea, from an early age but only recently got back into hiking and camping after recovering from a serious case of falling down a hole while under the influence. To celebrate a return to full fitness I took myself and an absurdly heavy pack to the fantastic Vancouver Island during a heatwave last June for a month. Used to be a bit of a gear freak but gradually getting round to thinking that 'less is more' but will never give up my Gore-tex!

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
Welcome to BC:UK! :wave: Take a seat by the fire and make yourself at home! :cold2:

NickBristol

Forager
Feb 17, 2004
Bristol, UK
Cheers Jamie - I'm pretty much from the Westcountry since almost all of relatives live in Devon. My parents and sister live just outside Exeter and I always spend a good few weekends out on Dartmoor or around Cornwall every year.

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Hi Nick... We do have a friendly bunch here.... a rare thing on the net these days. People here understand that knowledge is to be shared and there is no such thing as a daft question when it comes to bushcraft... everyone starts somewhere :)

Enjoy the site and the forum...
Ed

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE