Selling info needed , thanks

airborne09

Forager
Dec 9, 2016
North East
Hello all , especially Admins ,
I could well be looking at putting some of my edged tools / knives up for sale on Bushcraft UK but just need some advice as to what is or isnt allowed to be posted these days within the UK in regards to the above ? I would hate to post either by the post office or courier only to find it could be confiscated ! so any advice appreciated .

Dec 10, 2015
South Wales
With regards to royal mail. You need to label the package as a bladed article making sure any sharp bits are protected. It also needs to be sent via the age verification system. This costs around £6.40 for 48 hour delivery or £7.07 for 24 hour delivery

Reactions: airborne09

hughtrimble

Jan 23, 2012
UK/France
Just make sure you're not offering up for sale any switchblades/automatics, balisongs, punch daggers, disguised knives etc. Almost everything else is basically fine, but there are plenty of us on here who can have a look at the photos and advise if it's not suitable for sale. There's the new Zombie knife legislation that's going to be taking effect soon, but that honestly is so stupidly worded that it's better to judge from photos rather than a written description.

The Royal Mail wording is also concerningly blurry, with their catch-all of 'and similar' and currently no appeals process. Where abouts in the UK are you based? It seems the packages requiring a flight may be the most at risk of Royal Mail's incorrect classification of knives, but that's just anecdotal.

airborne09

Forager
Dec 9, 2016
North East
I live in mainland UK and the items I might possibly be selling are normal edged tools / knives , axe , kukuris , possible bushcraft knives etc .
Thanks for your replies.

Reactions: hughtrimble

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
Pack them as required, Post them as required and you won’t have any problem. As long as the tools are legal to own in the UK you can post them.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE