Self Heating Mugs

JungleED

Apr 30, 2009
Newcastle
Does anybody know if there is such a thing as a self heating mug or flask? If so where can you buy them from?

I know they must exist because I have heard people talking about them but never seen one before!

Any help much appreciated.

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
I wonder if you mean something like a Crusader mug?
It's not exactly 'self-heating' (wonder how that would work anyway), but you can put your brew in it and heat it up and drink from it and burn your lips.
Others may know better.

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
Does anybody know if there is such a thing as a self heating mug or flask? If so where can you buy them from?

I know they must exist because I have heard people talking about them but never seen one before!

Any help much appreciated.
I've seen self heating drinks, and self heating food tins, but not a self heating mug. Anyway the self heating cans were a throwaway one time deal.

Wallenstein

Settler
Feb 14, 2008
Warwickshire, UK
There are mugs marketed as "self-heating", but they tend to be the ones you plug into your car cigar lighter.

There is a product which is still in design phase... it works on the same principle as wind-up phone chargers. You crank a handle and it'll heat your drink up to 60C. However, the prototype seems to need 30 mins of hand-cranking to get to temperature, so still a way to go before it's ready for market.

http://inventorspot.com/articles/vertigo_travel_mug_heats_itself_25640

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE