Self Healing Basha's

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wild Thing

Native
Jan 2, 2009
Torquay, Devon
Hi Pete

No info on this I am afraid, but I did have to double check the date of the post on the blog, just to be sure.

Personally, I just carry a roll of repair tape in a suitable colour.

If these things do exist, I bet they cost a fortune.

Good luck

Phill

B

BCpete

Thanks so much allenko, really appreciate it:D

( Also anyone else have any info or other surplus stores that do paypal payment? as i cant pay via phone:/)

pete

wentworth

Settler
Aug 16, 2004
Australia
a guy in the local outdoor store showed me this with a silnylon stuffsack by Sea to Summit. He pushed a pencil through then scrunched the fabric and the hole sealed itself. I don't know if all silnylon does this, as I haven't been game to try it on my tarps!

Gabe

Forager
Aug 10, 2008
Bridgend, South Wales
When I was posted in Warminster with the Army there was a trials and development unit that gave us a bunch of these to test. They were quite funky, you'd just peg straight through the fabric and in the morning give it a rub and hey presto. Didn't manage to "borrow" one though. And I have never seen them since that trial!

I have aquired one of these, and i must admit it looks like any normal tarp, until you pierce it and then rub it together...then its all fine again! I cant seem to find much info about them anywhere?