Seen some quivers i like......

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
But theyre all in the USA!

Any achers know of similiar quivers i can get over here?

Palmer bow works.

BME%20Coyote%20Brown.JPG

Arrowmaster quiver deluxe

duiker008.JPG.w300h103.jpg

6205x_295x500.jpg

Dawgwear quiver

attachment.php

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
Hi Dave,

The problem is that these are primarily hunting quivers, designed so that arrows can be extracted without using much arm movement which would otherwise be seen as 'flagging' your position to the game being hunted. They also keep the fletchings dry in bad weather. That is why they are difficult to find in the UK - no bowhunting allowed. For e.g NFAS purposes they might be a bit irritating to use as well - you need to shoot your arrows that have been marked in shooting order. The only way you could do that with these quivers would be to mark your arrows at or towards the pile end, so that you could identify them individually. However at the target that marking would likely be embedded in the target, so arrows would need to be marked at both the pile and nock ends to make it useable. This again makes these quiver types less popular in the UK.

It might be possible to get this type of quiver made up by a crafter in the UK, or make one yourself - and that is what I would do if I wanted to use one. However if you cannot do that yourself it probably wouldn't be much cheaper than importing one from the States. I have bought items from 3 Rivers Archery, for example, that I simply could not get here, but of course I had to pay VAT etc on top of the US prices.

Cheers, Bob

Last edited:

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Hi Dave,

The problem is that these are primarily hunting quivers, designed so that arrows can be extracted without using much arm movement which would otherwise be seen as 'flagging' your position to the game being hunted. They also keep the fletchings dry in bad weather. That is why they are difficult to find in the UK - no bowhunting allowed. For e.g NFAS purposes they might be a bit irritating to use as well - you need to shoot your arrows that have been marked in shooting order. The only way you could do that with these quivers would be to mark your arrows at or towards the pile end, so that you could identify them individually. However at the target that marking would likely be embedded in the target, so arrows would need to be marked at both the pile and nock ends to make it useable. This again makes these quiver types less popular in the UK.

It might be possible to get this type of quiver made up by a crafter in the UK, or make one yourself - and that is what I would do if I wanted to use one. However if you cannot do that yourself it probably wouldn't be much cheaper than importing one from the States. I have bought items from 3 Rivers Archery, for example, that I simply could not get here, but of course I had to pay VAT etc on top of the US prices.

Cheers, Bob

Can't say that I've ever seen a bowhunter with any of those. They look somewhat clumsy for hunting to me? Although the last two do look like they'd do a good job protecting both the arrows when thrown behind the truck seat as well as protecting the truck from the broadheads.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Personally I prefer something more traditional... more expensive, but far easier on the eye.

Artimus.jpg

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
Can't say that I've ever seen a bowhunter with any of those. They look somewhat clumsy for hunting to me? Although the last two do look like they'd do a good job protecting both the arrows when thrown behind the truck seat as well as protecting the truck from the broadheads.

They allow the withdrawl of arrows with hardly any body movement, just the string hand to move around the hip/small of the back, rather than above the head for a back quiver, or arm/hand down to a belt quiver. They are quieter than other types as broadheads are stored stuck into in a foam base (like a bow quiver) so your arrows dont rattle against each other. That also keeps the broadheads clean and sharp. The fletchings -often feathers - are kept dry and clean for best arrow flight in bad weather. These are all apparently desirable features when hunting. I dont bow hunt but I know people who do (in Europe).

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
Personally I prefer something more traditional... more expensive, but far easier on the eye.

Me too, well not the expensive bit....I prefer to make my own to test, like this:
28671837650_56db3aef0a_z.jpg

It is carrying six roving marks arrows (plastic nocks) plus six NFAS Primitive class arrows.

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
They allow the withdrawl of arrows with hardly any body movement, just the string hand to move around the hip/small of the back, rather than above the head for a back quiver, or arm/hand down to a belt quiver. They are quieter than other types as broadheads are stored stuck into in a foam base (like a bow quiver) so your arrows dont rattle against each other. That also keeps the broadheads clean and sharp. The fletchings -often feathers - are kept dry and clean for best arrow flight in bad weather. These are all apparently desirable features when hunting. I dont bow hunt but I know people who do (in Europe).

I'll have to take your word for it being easy to draw the arrows. Personally that's what I meant when I said it looked clumsy. I can't imagine it being easy (but I suppose bow mounted quivers have spoiled me. Likewise it's been decades since I saw a hunting arrow with natural fletching (usually a solid vane of plastic on aluminum or graphite shafts)

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Might be OK to keep arrows organized for bow-fishing from a boat. A bow quiver is no good with the line reel on the bow.
Wearing shorts, I could hang that/those from my belt.

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
I have the Arrow master quiver in two different sizes, safari tuff is the brand. Both great quivers. If I use them on a nfas shoot I turn the arrows upside down so I can see the colours of the bands. But as I only need the one arrow it's not a problem...........

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Might be OK to keep arrows organized for bow-fishing from a boat. A bow quiver is no good with the line reel on the bow.
Wearing shorts, I could hang that/those from my belt.

No, you're absolutely right. A bow quiver wouldn't work for bow fishing.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
We have been extraordinarily successful at bow-fishing. Our presumption is that Buffalo fish have heads harder than coconuts.
I have to shoot nearly straight down with a compound bow & solid aluminum arrows (Muzzy fish points) to tag those suckers.
They sun at the surface so the refractive index change means nothing at all.

It's bottom-backwards water skiing! You stand on the deck, score the fish and sit down while they tow the boat around the lake.
Get their attention with a 30" chunk of 2" gas pipe, clean them, wash out the boat and we go home.
Mostly 20-30lbs each in schools of a thousand so you have to plan ahead of time what to do with the meat.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I made this a few years back, used for nfas shoots, no problem finding correct arrows as Steve said have them with the fletchings down with the sequence markingsDSC_0050_zps68fe518b.jpgDSC_0051_zpse348dafa.jpgFB_IMG_1479320210705.jpgFB_IMG_1479320223378.jpg

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE