Secluded Campsite

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Aug 11, 2006
Lancashire
Hi, this is my very first post so please be gentle with me! Me and a mate are looking to go camping but I don't want to go to a field with a 100 other people, I want to find somewhere secluded where there are very few people around. Even better would be somewhere to camp where you cannot see another camper. I'm sure I read about a place in Wales where you had your own clearing a forest.

Anyway I live in Lancashire so would be grateful for any suggestions in the surrounding areas e.g. North Wales, Cumbria, Yorkshire.

mick spain

Nomad
Oct 13, 2005
kent
Hello welcome sounds like you mean a place in North Wales at Beddgelert( I think thats how you spell it) it's a forestry campsite, nice, but I think at this time of year that get's busy :eek:

see my webb site www.msknives.co.uk

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Anthony Micallef said:
Hi, this is my very first post so please be gentle with me! Me and a mate are looking to go camping but I don't want to go to a field with a 100 other people, I want to find somewhere secluded where there are very few people around. Even better would be somewhere to camp where you cannot see another camper. I'm sure I read about a place in Wales where you had your own clearing a forest.

Anyway I live in Lancashire so would be grateful for any suggestions in the surrounding areas e.g. North Wales, Cumbria, Yorkshire.

I have gone into the fells plenty of times and just pitched a tent pretty much wherever I wanted on the common land, never been bothered yet :)

As long as you don't act like an idiot people don't seem to mind, although fires are not a good idea.

Anyway, this WILD CAMPING site might be of some use to you.
Theres plenty places in the lake district fells to keep you happy.

Brocktor

Banned
Jul 25, 2006
uk
i used a forest nature reserve this weekend, there is lots of them about. i went without permission so i hope it was ok.

Aug 11, 2006
Bolton
Been to the cumbrian fells loads and never had to be moved on as long as your fairly high up not a problem just leave as you found it happy days.

Heres a good site might help you decide where you want to go .

Ste

crazydave

Settler
Aug 25, 2006
Gloucester
if they'll let you on then try great towers scoutcamp on the shore of windermere. they have loads of space and you can even sleep on top of their own hill under the stars

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE