Scrooge syndrome

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

saxonaxe

Nomad
Sep 29, 2018
SW Wales
If like me you make use of a Blow pipe to wake up drowsy fire embers, this may be of interest.
A Baddest Bee pipe I see is priced at £14.95...or a TBS Pocket Bellows at £4.95. but today while tottering around a Home Bargains Emporium a Scrooge like thought struck me...

£0.99p locally.
If at the fork end, the tube is cut through 5 cm from the first telescopic joint, one is left with a fork with enough tang? handle? to fit a wooden or similar handle. The tip of the red plastic thick end snipped off leaves a 50cm Blow pipe... which is what one gets for £14.95...:smile:

Last edited:

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Yep, it's why they are nicknamed 'Cortina aerials'. I've made them out of selfie sticks being sold for £1 too :). I like your version though with the bright handle to hold it with.

However, I have found that the bottom hole diameter needs to be quite small (5mm or there abouts) or the air velocity is not good enough!

Reactions: saxonaxe

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE