Scouts Activity Trousers

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

qweeg500

Forager
Sep 14, 2003
Hampshire
My son has recently joined the Beaver Scouts and I've signed myself up as a parent helper. We've just been kitting the lad out with his new uniform and I have to say the Scouts Navy Activity trousers are excellent.

I've had trouble for years trying to find a decent pair of hard wearing poly/cotton trousers for outdoors, and these are just great. I've spent tons of cash on Fjallraven, Norsveda and Rohan stuff when these are nigh on perfect for £25 (adult sizes that is).

Must be the best kept secret in Scouting.

Pity they don't do them in green.

Matt

PeterW

Tenderfoot
Sep 20, 2004
Nottinghamshire
Matt

The real shame is that the 'official' version never made it to market on cost grounds. They were supposed to have zip off legs to make shorts...!!!

Now that would have been worth it

Cheers

Peter

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
That reminds me of a picture I posted over at BB :) .

ms_label.jpg

Our Scout troup frowns on denims because if they get wet they stay wet. This is true but I've found them to be unbeatable for surviving camp fires, barbed wire and other kinds of abuse.

hawsome34

Tenderfoot
Sep 3, 2004
Merseyside
I would defiunately 2nd the craghoppers.

I bought a pair around 18 months ago, they're great for the autumn, aside of holding water, though near fires they are top notch. And that overcomes the problem of them staying wet.

For the price, they are very durable, well made, and I find the 2 zip pockets, which are part of the front pockets really handy, espec if your a smoker and need to be sure your lighters going to be were you put it after walking/ climbing etc. Same with the back pockets having Zips. Only downside is the size of the zip pull, but I've just put new pulls on which are big enough to use with gloves.

I can honestly say with the craghoppers you wont be disappointed.

Enjoy

C

cossack

I run a Sea Cadet Unit - we are issued with RN No4 trousers, new style come with cargo pockets etc, navy blue and they are flameproofed

Zodiak

Settler
Mar 6, 2006
Kent UK
I am wearing a pair of my Scout trousers now, they are good but a pair only last me 2 years tops.

The studs come off the pockets which makes them look tatty very quickly and I havn't found a suitable source of replacements yet :confused:

The stitching round the knee pads comes undone (but with a bit of velcro that becomes a secret pocket :)

The bar thingy on the belt loop pulls though after a year and the button comes off., nothing that you can't fix with a needle an thread but irritating :(

Having said that they are teh most comfortable trousers I have ever worn bar none, and I wear them whenever possible which is probably why the have worn so much :)

Unfortunatly I have now become Assistant District Commisioner and had to buy a "smart" pair for formal occasions... total yawn and they are no where near as comfortable :D

Jan 13, 2004
Czech Republic
for shedding dirt and generally wearing well, a used army surplus lightweight (for 7 quid near me) is a fantastic piece of clothing given the price, which enables you to do whatever you like in them! i don't see much wrong with a 15 quid pair of nato heavyweights for general bushcrafty use.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
i prefer the us army combat trousers. very comfortable, plenty of pockets, double seat and knee, ripstop fabric, and available in lots of different colours.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE