Scottish skill share(pic heavy)

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Hi folks, i thought i'd post a few pics of the little get together we had over the weekend.

I went to Wooplaw on Thursday so i could get an extra night under the stars.

Oh and i went for a bit of luxury and used a camp bed,as i have never used one outdoors before,i also used the Cech army bedroll,but this time i added a summer weight double duvet folded in half,so it would fit in the bag. Well all i can say is that it started to look like an Aussie swag bag,and it performed great. The temps got down to -4c and in all truthfulness the 3 nights were the most comfortable night i've ever had kipping in the woods.

My set up in the woods.
bushskillmeet2.jpg

bushskillmeet3.jpg

On the Friday i set up the chute.
bushskillmeet5.jpg

bushskillmeet7.jpg

bushskillmeet8.jpg

At about lunch time Allybally arrived,whilst he was setting up,Barn owl got to the site,and not long after that Charles Lockerbie.

Once they were set up we all sat round the fire having a chat,eating some food and followed by a light aperitif ;).
As the night wore on Wayland arrived,and later still Greensurfingbear and VANDEEN showed up.
Much mirth and merryment was had for the rest of the night.

On the Saturday Warthog1981,John c,Ian s,wildrover,bojit,and bronskimac got to Wooplaw.

We all pithched in to get the communal meal prept,and Barn owl kept watch whilst it cooked.
bushskillmeet9.jpg

So we got off to a start,Wayland showed kolrosing,Ian s got the green wood working area set up,and i did a bit of coil basketry.

Whilst that was going on Warthog1981 made everyone pancakes,with a choice of honey or Maple syrup :approve:...
bushskillmeet13.jpg

Allybally,having a go coiling.
bushskillmeet11.jpg

bushskillmeet10.jpg

And his coaster that he made.
bushskillmeet.jpg

Well the weather was a bit fickle to say the least,we had high winds,snow blizzards,rain and rather cold temps:hatscarf:,but that did'nt dampen spirits.

We also had barter table on the go,so some bits and pieces changed hands.

With the temps dropping and the wind picking up it was decided that rather than shivering under the chute, we would lite the stove in the log cabin.:campfire:

bushskillmeet12.jpg

And what a great night was had exchanging stories,tip swapping,and general chit chat,washing it all down with a few small dry cooking sherries.:beerchug::dancer:

So Sunday was another cold day,with people carrying on with little projects,and then slowly getting packed up,and then a good tidy up of the site.
Then it was time to head home,and i think there were a rather few sad hearts as it was hard to leave such a nice setting.:sadwavey:

I just want to say thank you to all,for making it such a good weekend,and for seeing old friends and making new ones.

Thanks again.
Cheers Struart.

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
Thanks for a great weekend Stuart , I love your setup it looks well comfy !

All I can say is i'll be back !

Craig...........

wildrover

Nomad
Sep 1, 2005
Scotland
Thanks for organising the weekend Stuart.

Excellent venue, top skills demos, good company and good food.

I had a brilliant time.

atb
Chris

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE