scottish camp suggestions?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

happy camper

Nomad
May 28, 2005
Scotland
hello all :)
i'm looking for any suggestions on any particularly good or beautiful places to camp in scotland. I know this is a very broad question but i'd love to hear any suggestions or favorites.
If it's too broad, i can narrow it to my next planned trip..I'm going with a friend and his two youngsters for a short trip, leaving from edinburgh. for that, it needs to be reasonably accessable by car. I quite fancy somewhere with deciduous trees (especially as its autumn) and near a river or water is always a bonus.
Any suggestions would be appreciated either for this trip or just for future reference :D

mmcniven

Forager
Nov 1, 2003
Paisley
Hi

Linn of Dee up near Braemar is one of my favourites, lots of good places to camp, plenty of fallen wood, a wide variety of tree types and alot of walking potential. Lots of deer about as well.
Well worth a look.

Hope this helps

Michael

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Even on an OS map that place looks nice!!!!

Wish i could get to scotland a bit easier!

I went to Galloway Forest earlier this year and thought that was very nice and had a lot of potential for camping.

happy camper

Nomad
May 28, 2005
Scotland
cheers for the suggestions :)
both look good,never been to galloway forest so i'll have to check that out and i'm meeting some friends from aberdeen soon so linn of dee might be ideal for that trip :D
any more ideas would be welcome!

Tantalus

May 10, 2004
Galashiels
head south mate, the borders are on your very doorstep

from fairmilehead you can get to the pentlands in minutes by car,( the ski slope is on the end hill of the pentlands)

a little further south after leadburn there is some of the most wonderful peat moor stretching almost to peebles

and from peebles you can explore the tweed or head over the hills to wilder country to the ettrick and yarrow, saint marys loch, megget and the weather station thast regularly sets the lowest standards for weather conditions in the UK at eskdalemuir

Go for it :)

Tant

Tantalus

May 10, 2004
Galashiels
DSCF0026.jpg

The Lyne valley looking towards the Pentland hills

Tant

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE