Scottish Borders

Bushcraftsman

Native
Apr 12, 2008
Derbyshire
Hello,

To all those who live in the Scottish Borders. I am planning a trip at some point between May and September this year and was hoping one of you could help :) first, there are some things you need to know.

I used to live In the Borders, small village called Tweedbank on the outskirts of Galashiels and Melrose.

I plan on making this a long weekend trip, perhaps leave Thursday afternoon after work and come back Monday.

my plan was to Drive up with a friend and wild camp on in the Borders perhaps popping in to visit family in tweedbank whilst up there. I would be taking the Newcastle route and coming up through the carter bar (or whatever it's called) I was looking for somewhere that we can perhaps leave the car and then walk out into the wilderness for 1 night (somewhere safe like a town/village...maybe otterburn?) then maybe around the huge reservoir that I can't remember the name of! sure it's close to hawick or something. Then packing up and carrying on to Tweedbank and then we would spend a night camping around the Eildons. Would also like to perhaps meet up with people in the Borders for a social meet over nighter/pint in a local :) so anyone in the area that would be interested in this just let me know.

any more suggestions on locations or any ideas you have for the Borders would be much appreciated :) thank you!

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Im in the Borders,but on the east coast just off the A1 if your over this way and fancy either a bit of beach camping or a beer this way let me know.(used to live near-ish Galashiels myself a bit north of Stow)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE