Scotland October half term area advice?

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
Hi folks

Swmbo wants to come up to Scotland during the October half term. Not sure on which part to visit but we need things to keep all interested asides from walking in the hills.

2 kids 13 and 10 who like the outdoors but also like other activities and we will have 2 border collies with us too.

It would be nice if we could be near some forests for forest walks maybe a Loch or 2 for some fishing might bring my sevvy canoe. Maybe some National trust type properties
or other such things of interest.

It would be nice if we didnt have to spend ages driving between places either.

We have always headed up the west coast really and I am sure there will be other areas that will offer as much interest.

Also if anyone knows any good cottages that accept well behaved dogs please let us know.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Andy

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
We'll be in Strathyre Andy from the 24th to 29th, just north of Callander if you're about.

Plenty of Lochs and forests about plus this time I'm definitely going to visit the Crannog centre.

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
Aye Lesley likes the look of a visit to the crannog. Shes looking out for a nice cottage.
With having the mutts with us its a bit more difficult sourcing somewhere.

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
Well it looks like we are staying in Pitlochry mmmmmmmmmmm edradour!!

Got a lovely cottage booked and visits to the Crannog, the Hermitage etc Loads of walks planned around Tay forest park. And to top it all a white water refting trip for the 4 of us on the River tay, bit pricey but it will be worth it and I dont fancy trying it in my sevvy:eek:

Might bung the mtbs on the back too.

Rich if your nearby pop in for afternnon tea it will be most civilised we even have a guest wing in the cottage ...lmao.

cant wait now!

Andy

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Sounds a bit more action packed than our week.

One thing I have thought to do is mosey on over to Loch Lomond, hire a canoe and take Carol to see the wallabies, weather permitting of course :)

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
Rich If you want my Canoe your more than welcome. I am going to take the sevvy as I can sling it in the back of the ranger. I have just been looking at the geocache website so will be taking the gps up that will keep Tyler amused.

If you end up driving up that way let me know we can arrange to meet up and have a walk or something. But dont worry if not I wouldnt be offended (much) lol.

Are you up there for just 3 days?

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Not sure yet mate, we're booked into the B&B for Sunday night through to Wednesday morning, I might go up Saturday and camp somewhere with Carol if it's nice weather :rolleyes:
She's fancying a nice warm fluffy hotel in Edinburgh whereas I'm thinking of roughing it in a forest somewhere, I think I know who might win that one. :slap:

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
Posh fluffy comfy!!!:yuck:

Still sometimes its nice to kick back.

I am whizzing around forestry sites (on the web that is) and geo cache stuff I can feel a :twak: coming on as I might have made it a bit too outdoorsy!!

You can only sit in front of a log fire and drink tea and eat cakers for so long!!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE