Scarecrow missing!

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I wonder if anybody here misses the old Scarecrows as much as I do? It used to be the very first thing that we did in the early Spring that combined leisure with work, all the family did it together in the first of the light evenings...........I just don't see them around any more...........

Until this fine fellow appeared in one of the neighbour's plots a couple of weeks ago!!!

I have a new camera to play with and to me it's like something from outer space; I had it set (so I thought) on fully automatic, but it came out badly so I beg forgiveness..............

DSC_0007.jpg

Do any of you ever see them around where you are?

We have a village competition when lots of people make them and put them up all over the place. Can be very disconcerting until you get used to bumping into them - they come in all shapes and sizes but it was the one in a wedding dress that really gave me the heebie-jeebies a year or two ago!

boatman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
Flushing, Cornwall, has a crop of scarecrows every year but at the moment they are going weird. Bottom half of a dummy or scarecrow, trousers, shoes. Sitting or standing their top halves are just big clumps of reeds or whatever apparently growing out of the trousers. We wondered if the Crow Man had been putting a bit of discipline about.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE