Scam alert.

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
I get variations on this email nearly everyday i report them to paypal by forwarding the whole thing to,

spoof@paypal.co.uk

they are usually filled with childish spelling mistake like using a capital I instead of an L and i read that this is done purposefully to weed out people with a brain so only idiots fall for it and respond

i get an email back saying thanks but they never seem to stop them

here is a screen grab of the one i got today

attachment.php

Attachments

• paypal scam.jpg
    paypal scam.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 16
  • paypal scam.jpg
    paypal scam.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 96

TarHeelBrit

Mar 13, 2014
Alone now.
Hmm that's a new one for me. Thanks for the heads up on this. I get plenty of fake PayPal emails that purport to be from PayPal with atrocious spelling and a quick track back shows it originated from an assortment of eastern European countries. The best one was recently and addresses to "Dear papyal customer".....really you try to scam us and you can't even spell the name of the company your impersonating correctly?

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
... The best one was recently and addresses to "Dear papyal customer".....really you try to scam us and you can't even spell the name of the company your impersonating correctly?

They probably did that deliberately.

They know that you will read it as 'Paypal' even though that's not what it says, but they also know that my mail filters will reject any mail that says anything like "dear paypal" or "paypal customer".

What they apparently don't know is that ny mail filters will also reject any mail that mis-spells "dear paypal" or "paypal customer". :)

But really, why are you all using ISPs who allow this cr@p to get through to your mail boxes? It's trivial to get rid of it automatically.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE