Saving my nails & arm hair

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Firefly1

Jun 20, 2012
North Wales
Hi Guy's,
After Having a very informative lesson from Mark @Shark Tindebox(Designs) @ the WG, I'm after a solid piece of horn to test the final sharpness of my blades, the state of it does'nt matter as (So very close to saying naughty things ) I can finnish it myself.The size I'm after is 1/2" x 3" or for the younger members 12mm x 75mm or close to it.

So here I am asking if anyone can help.

Firefly1:)

Firefly1

Jun 20, 2012
North Wales
Hi mountainm,
The simple reason is that after trying my knife it was like the himalayas on my nail Mark showed me just a simple Opinel No8 and that split my nail down to where it hurts think hang nail but bigger as I ASSumed that as i had tried it on the tip of the nail Marks knife and it was like as if was on rollers it was that smooth. So I tried the face of the nail test and took a dirty great chunk of nail down to the bed,Yet another trip to minors.
So that is the reason that i want the horn just not for my humour monkey to come out and get me banned with ambiguitys. I may be intrested in a swap if you tell me what your after.
PLS PM me as I find that easier to do a 1 2 1.

Firefly1

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Always tested my edges, be it knife or axe on my nail, never had one cut through though....you must have put some pressure on rather than just the weight of the knife ? Either that or you do alot of weshin up ? :p;)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE