save space with fold flat cookware?

Glen

Life Member
Oct 16, 2005
London
cyclist said:
I can´t see any advantage over a 1 liter ti pot plus bowl (as a lid) combo

Having gone back to read the new specs I'm glad to see their making them from recycled materials now.

There is one advantage, which strangley enough the manufacturer's don't seem to see as a marketing point, they float.

I agree with you that I wouldn't replace a cookpot/billy with them, but see them as a somewhat different usage eg more a small group thing rather than a solo thing.

cyclist

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 9, 2006
holstein
of course it´s possible to bring water in a paper container to a boil - no doubt about that. Im not sure about freezer bag cooking, at higher temperatures some of the bag´s material might "go" into the food.
And of course it´s all about bushcraft here, no doubt our ancestors used birch bark, wood, clay, animal skin and whatever they had - probably no titanium, not sure about those folding plastic stuff :rolleyes:

whith my critics I just wanted to make a point about some downsides of folding flat cookware and for sure not to put them down in total.
My apologies if this wasn´t clear.

Best on this discussion is to learn from others - thanks a lot for the ideas.
For sure I´m now prepared for the worst case: beeing somewhere in the wild and having no Trangia and no titanium pot with me all I´ve to do is to find birch bark :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE