Wanted SAS Para Bergen

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tim Ha

Apr 24, 2020
Halstead
Hi All,

Just joined this site as a full member, great source of info!

I am looking for an SAS Para Bergen (the external frame olive green old type from 1980’s). If anyone has one in good condition they would sell please let me know. I will pay a good price for a decent one. Everything on eBay is pretty knackered.

Thanks all

Tim

Oliver G

Sep 15, 2012
Ravenstone, Leicestershire
I picked up a load many years ago and sold them to the army surplus store next to the mcdonalds in Salisbury, there were still some when I went back last year so it might be worth giving them a bell, I'll keep my beadys peeled

Wildgoose

May 15, 2012
Middlesex
They don’t always age well unfortunately, the nylon tends to delaminate and degrade meaning many of them ended up being binned.
They’ve not been issued for 30 years but I bet there are a few in sheds out there.

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
Silvermans don't have complete packs but do have parts. You could give them a call and between them and eBay cobble together a pack.

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
The Swiss used a similar fabric updating their 'Salt and Pepper' canvas pack. Essentially they built the same pack but in Butyl type fabric. They're easier to come by, this type of thing;

Tim Ha

Apr 24, 2020
Halstead
Thanks for the responses all. The Swiss pack looks interesting but I am specifically after the sas para bergen. As wildgoose says there must be some knocking around in people’s sheds or attics.

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
From hearsay evidence they were pretty uncomfortable. The change from that to the PLCE bergen was very quickly taken up and probably saved a few backs in the process.

Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
Its not the same, but i have a classic army issue 'H Frame' bergen somewhere in the loft. Still with a Karrimor branded frame! I did it up a few years ago as i loved the idea of using it, but in the end never got round to doing anything with it.

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
Out of pure geek interest can you post the photos on the forum. I remember seeing a few matelots using them having got them in a 'trade' but have never seen good detail on one.

Reactions: TeeDee

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE