SAR or MR?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shingsowa

Forager
Sep 27, 2007
Ruthin, North Wales
Hi,

I ve been lurking for a while, so i thought i had better start posting!

First pondering: any members of SAR/Mountain Rescue teams on here? I think i've spotted a couple of American SAR people already, and i know that one of my Mountain Rescue team-mates is on here... (NEWSAR, North East Wales Search and Rescue))

I' d been climbing and hillwalking for years before joining the team, but i 've learnt so much from it. My navigation has improved no end, we train to a high standard of First Aid and i've even managed to get myself sent on tracking courses with Don Cooper....

Anybody else?

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I`ve looked into it a few times now but I`m just poorly located for any of the bigger teams, my response time would be too long unfortunately. There are a couple nearer to me but but only a limited number of places become available.

There are a few guys on here though.

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
Hi Shingsowa,

Serving RAF Mountain Rescue Troop. I used to be based in S.Wales when there was a Team at St Athan and we did a few callouts with NEWSAR.
Welcome to the forum, there's lots of stuff you'll be intrested in on here.
Regards Ed

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE