samsung galaxy s11 download advice please?

widu13

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
Delete all the drivers for Samsung/Android in Device manager, reboot computer and phone. Reconnect phone and windows should then locate the Samsung drivers. If not you can download them from the Samsung website.

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Even without the drivers you should still be able to see your phone and contents, double click my computer and see if your phone is listed, it might just show as an extra drive, from there just explore the folders.

HTH's if not let us know.

kard133

Mar 20, 2010
Bath
Depends on the phones software version, android 4 onwards uses msc rather than mtp, and it also depends if the op is using windows, as msc support on linux is a bit difficult to get working. Best thing, if your PC has wireless is download airdroid from the play store. Connect your phone to the network, open the app and type the address it displays into your PC's web browser, follow the login prompt and then browse to you picture directory on the phone and then save tthe pictures to your computer. Kies air does the same thing and should be installed on your phone by default unless your running a custom rom.

Old Bones

Settler
Oct 14, 2009
East Anglia
If your using a laptop, they normally come with bluetooth, as do phones. Thats how I transfer photos and music to my very basic Samsung phone. Pair them (the laptop will often prompt you, even if you dont want it), and set it up with the phone. Dont forget to keep your bluetooth security settings as you want, so that you can only pair with who you want!

swright81076

Tinkerer
Apr 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire
Download and install Google drive onto your laptop, then get the app from the play store. Copy all your pictures to Google drive on your phone and they'll be available almost instantly via Google drive on your laptop.

touched by nature

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
You can get USB Bluetooth dongles if laptop or desktop doesn't have it. Bluetooth is an easy option then.

SII should support WiFi direct, think that might be use able to transfer but not 100% sure if or how it can be done.

RE8ELD0G

Settler
Oct 3, 2012
Kettering
My Galaxy S3 does the same thing, i have to use the "samsung Kies" software thats downloadable from them to view the pics.
If i do it through windows it does not show thumbnails just the picture number.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Kies software is horrible ime, rarely works on my w7 laptop. Often have to keep downloading then uninstalling and re-installing when it doesn't see my SII. Prefer to email or Bluetooth.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE