Sambar Stag drop point

Big Mark

Banned
Oct 9, 2007
London
Sambar stag scales, Damascus steel blade with rose and vine filework on top of blade. The steel used is Alabama Damascus Steel, hand forged in Jacksonville, Alabama USA with the aid of massive air hammers and consists of: 3 layers of 52100 (ball bearing steel), 4 layers of 5160 (spring steel), 3 layers of 203E (low carbon high impact high nickel mild steel alloy), and 3 layers of 15N20 (band saw blade material). The steel is then forged out and folded 5 times to give you 416 layers. The blade was heat treated
and tempered for optimum strength and sharpness to 58-59 Rockwell. the knife comes with a fully welted leather sheath. The pins are sterling silver. I haven't overworked the handle - I left it fairly natural so it just falls into the hand.

It is 8.25 inches long.

Yours for £95!

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
Any chance of seeing some other veiws,along the spine and back of the knife!
How thick is the blade? can we see the sheath please!?
Nice work.
Chris.

Big Mark

Banned
Oct 9, 2007
London
lovely blade mark

could you tell me where you got your steel from as I would love to make a blade from damascus

Ian

I'm going to start selling blades soon. Will do you a good deal if you like - say £15 and you can create your own knife from it. I buy it in bulk from Alabama via a bigger business owned by my family...so I can get really steel cheap!

joejoe

On a new journey
Jan 18, 2007
washington
I'm going to start selling blades soon. Will do you a good deal if you like - say £15 and you can create your own knife from it. I buy it in bulk from Alabama via a bigger business owned by my family...so I can get really steel cheap!

give me a nod when you get some blades

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE