Sales advice needed.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
If this is in the wrong forum, MODs please move.

Due to recent redundancy and the desire to change my kit a little I’d like to liberate some cash tied up in gear I don’t use. The problem is I have no real idea how much to ask or where to sell. I want to sell here, but due to my circumstances I need to get as much for this kit as I can. Is this the right place to sell and how much do you think I should ask for...

Trangia 27 Cook Set and Kettle - RRP £45.00 (Used half a dozen times)

Trangia 27 Non Stick Fry Pan - RRP £10.00 (Used once or twice)

Trangia 27 Multi Disc - RRP £5.50 (Never used)

Trangia Gas Burner - RRP £35.00 (Used once)

MSR Whisperlite - RRP £75.00 (Used half a dozen times) (inc an pack extra seals and oil – not service kit though)

Primus gas stove (looks identical to a Mimer Stove, but I can’t guarantee it is one as I’ve lost the box) - RRP £25.00 (Used half a dozen times)

Gas lamp with steel gauze instead of globe, unbranded – looks similar to a Primus Micron BUT IT ISN’T – very good though, tough and reliable. (Used for about 10 hours total)

Gas lamp with glass globe, unbranded and I’ve lost the box (Hardly used) – looks like one of these but isn’t http://www.outdoorsupplies.co.nz/doite_panda.jpg

Pair of nesting aluminium mess tins – the heavy gauged ones not the flimsy ones (Unused)

No pictures yet as that is something I need to work out how to do (in fact I've never recieved PayPal funds either oh!) but I consider all the kit to be in excellent condition, I look after my stuff, and to be honest most of it has hardly been used. There’s probably other stuff too, but this is the main load.

Many thanks for any advice you can offer,

Andy (skint)

PS, I don’t think I’ll fall for “It’s only worth a quid mate, but I’ll have it” :)

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
Sorry to hear about the change in circumstance, and given you want to get as much as possible, I'd say list it all on Ebay. I think it's within the rules that you can "tout" your Ebay auctions on here as you're a Full Member, but best to check first.

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
Sory to hear the news mate, we are in the same boat at work as well, the axe has fallen elsewhere and it looks to be over our heads now.

Keep your chin up.

Sorry but i've no need for the gear but good luck in selling it.
Andy

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
Cheers guys, but it was a bl@@dy awful job (5 hour commute for 9 at a PC!) – I’m a bit wary of Ebay and I trust people on here a whole lot more. Any idea on what to ask would be apreciated.

Andy

scanker

Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
Well if it's new or hardly used I reckon about 70-80% of rrp would be fair, a bit less for more used. I guess try some prices and lower them if they don't sell. Don't lower too far though, set a bottom limit then switch to Ebay. Don't forget you'll have to pay postage and paypal fees. Drop me a PM if you need a hand posting photos.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Tricky - used stuff is always hard to value as if its close to the "new" price I personally will buy new because its easier to take back if something goes wrong.

That said stuff that "can't go wrong" (like pans etc.) with a photo to show condition I think 70%ish of the new price (including P&P) seems fair if you have a photo to show its in good nick

Theres a couple of items on there that appeal to me so I'm thinking "how low would they need to be to save me going to Cotswold and just buying them" if that makes sense

Hope that helps

Red

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
Dear Scanker and Red,

Many thanks, that’s exactly what I wanted to find out. And Scanker, I may take you up on your offer of help, but I’ll get stuck a few times on my own first :) Am I right in thinking you have to get a photobucket account and put pictures on there first?

Thanks guys, appreciate the help.

Andy

scanker

Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
That would be the easiest way, and one of the methods I use. Upload the photos you want to photobucket and copy the IMG Code into your reply on the forum. No problem whatsoever if you want help.

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
I always think that 50% of new price always gets people to sit up and pay attention. I know it seems low but what with sales and discounts on new products in shops we all get used to a good discount on new items. Also you don't quite get the same consumer rights of return on second-hand goods. Also if you want to sell quickly then you have to price to sell....so around the 50% mark seems right. Please don't take insult at this. Its just what I have done in the past.

Of course there are exceptions - knives and axes and very in demand quality goods being some of them.....

LBL

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Know how your feeling mate, i got laid off at the beginning of July, decided to have the Summer for myself and worry it about it later, now i have got to the stage where i NEED to think about getting my backside back in work so i can start paying a few bills.

Good luck with sale of your items, if i was not in the same position as yourself id have a couple of those trangia items from you.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE