Salcey Forest

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Donny

Jan 7, 2008
Northampton, UK.
youtube.com
I never realized how big Salcey Forest (Northampton-Milton Keynes) actually is. Does anyone go there and explore the vast wooded areas? What are the rules there? Can we explore anywhere we want (apart from the private areas) , and can we go in there at night?

Take a look at it: http://maps.google.co.uk copy & paste: 52.157572,-0.841162 (click satellite & zoom out)

I've noticed there is a Farm (?) in the middle, which looks kinda funny.

litefoot

Forager
Jan 8, 2007
northamptonshire
Large sign in the car parks from Northants police to say no camping or overnight stays.
Pretty good for getting around to do stuff during the day though,but you will be sharing with dog walkers,MTBers,and horse riders to name a few.It`s big enough to find a quiet place if you get off the beaten track.
Litefoot.

sionhughes

Feb 15, 2006
Northampton
The busiest parts of the forest are near the carparks (obviously), but if you go to the far NE, NW or SW of the forest you can find quiet areas. NW and SW you'll get some motorway noise as it borders the M1 on this side. You can often see a pair of buzzards in the SE corner of the woods. The main carpark is pay and display now, which is a shame, but I guess the canopy walkway has to be paid for somehow.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE