Safety Work Boots - Recommendations Please

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Can't remember I got them from Arco about £50 ish can't remember now, but they look like a hiking boot, I'll see if I can dig out a link x

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
Thanks all for recommendations - quite a few people have suggested brands that I was unaware of or had overlooked but will bear in mind for the future.

In the end I went for the Jallette Jalsiberians.

Sadly the course I originally bought them for didn't work out and they have sat in the box until today when I went for a 6 mile bimble in them and found them (as Leshy said) like a comfy pair of slippers.

Quite warm slippers (I guess the clue is in the "siberian" part of the name) and I suspect that they may be a bit too warm in mid-summer but I am sure that going forward they are going to be my everyday wear for most of the year. Very pleased. :)
Sorry to hear the course didn't work out...sometimes you just got to keep plugging away...something else will turn up don't worry.

... but glad to hear you got the Jallattes.
Surely you read the description on the website before buying them right?
Ooops ...
Yes they are warm.
They are a 4 season Gore-Tex™ boot with thinsulate™ lining.
They are steel free despite having a 200 joules composite toe cap and solid sole plate.
No metal to freeze over ...

Saying that, I've worn mine in the autumn and in spring ( here in Britain) and they are still very comfy and not too hot...
The only reason I don't wear them in summer it's because it's not that wet and muddy so trainers or flipflops for leisure and lightweight steel toe trainers will do.

I bought them because I got fed up with having cold feet working outside in all weathers , snow and ankle deep ice water....
and as I can't afford to have 3 different pairs of boots I thought id buy the ones that can do work , dog walks and hikes all in one...
They haven't let me down.
I don't regret it, no breaking in needed , they just work.
👍

Geez , sounds like I'm trying to sell the damn things... Sorry.

No affiliation...

Last edited:

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
Like most leather boots, keep them away from radiators and don't let the mud dry on them overnight.
The mud dries and eventually cracks the leather ...
I rinse them when I get in from muddy walks and only treat/dub them once or twice a month ...

They are still waterproof .
Best regards

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Can't remember I got them from Arco about £50 ish can't remember now, but they look like a hiking boot, I'll see if I can dig out a link x

Just LOLing to myself, I sent that reply from my phone and it's almost always to SWMBO or the kids, hence the x at the end :lmao: sorry lol, anyway, sorry, they don't have them on their site any more :(

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
Just LOLing to myself, I sent that reply from my phone and it's almost always to SWMBO or the kids, hence the x at the end :lmao: sorry lol, anyway, sorry, they don't have them on their site any more :(
Hahahah, you can always edit that ...
X :)

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
I could but if it will make just one person chuckle at my expense then outs with leaving, I just told swmbo and she laughed as well :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE