Sabre side pouches & yoke query.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Does anybody have the Karrimor sabre side pouches and yoke system ?

I`m having a problem with mine so need to check something to confirm my sanity as I`m losing the plot trying to figure this one out.

ta

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I do...

Whats up?

Excellent

I think it`s a manufacturing fault but I can`t be sure.

When you`re threading the yoke waist belt through the webbing loops on the back of the pouches, on mine the strap with the female buckle won`t fit through the loops as they`re too small, or the buckles too big.
Out of the four loops which need to be threaded, I can only get this female buckle through one of them. Even on the pouch with the bigger loop, the other one is too small also.
I would have thought it would be easy just to slide this buckle through when setting up.

I`ll put some pictures up if this doesn`t make any sense to anyone.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
i had the same problem with one of my loops at the back of the pouches when i tried to fit the waist/chest strp through it wouldnt fit luckily for me it was on the male side so i just took the buckle off the webbing fitted the webbing through the loop then put the buckle back on, seeing as you cant do this with the female buckle and its probably a case of manufacturing,can you not swap the pouches round and use the male one on the loop that doesnt fit,then you can do as i mentioned earlier?

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
i had the same problem with one of my loops at the back of the pouches when i tried to fit the waist/chest strp through it wouldnt fit luckily for me it was on the male side so i just took the buckle off the webbing fitted the webbing through the loop then put the buckle back on, seeing as you cant do this with the female buckle and its probably a case of manufacturing,can you not swap the pouches round and use the male one on the loop that doesnt fit,then you can do as i mentioned earlier?

Could do andy but I`d still have the same problem on the other side. When three out of the four aren`t big enough then it`s a pretty poor show. I`m tempted to just unpick a bit of the stitching but then it would be hard to make it good again afterwards.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Sorry shewie didnt realise it was three out of the four, rather than undo and restitch the three would it be better to unpick the bit fastening the buckle adjuster on the female side,then thread it through you can always double the strap back over buckle to lock it in place when securing, i know its not great, but unless you send them back and hope the next lot fit better cant think of anything else.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Sorry shewie didnt realise it was three out of the four, rather than undo and restitch the three would it be better to unpick the bit fastening the buckle adjuster on the female side,then thread it through you can always double the strap back over buckle to lock it in place when securing, i know its not great, but unless you send them back and hope the next lot fit better cant think of anything else.

Simple but brilliant, why didn`t I think of that.

cheers Andy, you`ve just saved me about 4 hours of work.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
it only came to me because i was trying to find a solution for my problem,luckily with me only having one dodgy loop i just switched round the pouches,dodgy to male side.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE