sabre retailers

sirex

Forager
Nov 20, 2008
bournemouth
does anyone know of an outlet (shop / store) that carries the karrimor sabre ? - want to go have a look at it in the flesh but can only seem to find it being punted from online stores.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I only know of shops up here sirex but they`ll be someone along soon.

Which one have you got in mind ?

I've got both the 45L and 75L, great bits of kit

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
John Bulls is probably easiest for you Nat, they're at Catterick by the garrison.

Tamarack is always worth the drive, it's like a bushcrafters wet dream walking in there though and it always cost me a small fortune.

Lurch doesn`t mind the occasional visitor, if you contact him I`m sure he would oblige if he knew there was a sale in it for him :)

Nat

Sep 4, 2007
York, North Yorkshire
I've used Lurch alot phnarr phnarr and found him to be slightly cheaper. John Bull's is looking good though but i must resist or i'll never get my canoe :lmao:

sirex

Forager
Nov 20, 2008
bournemouth
knew i forgot to mention something ! helpfully, im on the south coast, near southampton. catterick is an awfully long way for me :)

im looking at the 60-100, i shy away from non-adjustable back systems as per the 75.

Nat

Sep 4, 2007
York, North Yorkshire
I've come across 2 types of the 60-100. One has zips for side pockets and one doesn't.
Personally i'd go for the 80-130 just for the space and i find it a better fit than the 60-100 which i'd had a couple of.
The 75 however, despite having a non adjustable back, is a very good all-rounder and can have side pockets fitted.

For detailed specs have a look here at the SF website. It has colour variations and clear pictures of all sides.

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
knew i forgot to mention something ! helpfully, im on the south coast, near southampton. catterick is an awfully long way for me :)

im looking at the 60-100, i shy away from non-adjustable back systems as per the 75.

I had a 60-100 and really liked it, but....
  • It is a heavy pack - nearly 4kg empty! (Thats 4 litres of water to give an indication!)
  • Do you really need one that big?

I replaced mine with a 75 and am very happy with it.

Simon

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
I'm pretty sure I've seen them in Cotswolds Outdoors.
Have a look on their website to see if there's one near you.

sirex

Forager
Nov 20, 2008
bournemouth
I had a 60-100 and really liked it, but....
  • It is a heavy pack - nearly 4kg empty! (Thats 4 litres of water to give an indication!)
  • Do you really need one that big?

I replaced mine with a 75 and am very happy with it.

Simon

not sure, thats why i want to check it out :) im hoping i can find a shop with the 60-100 and the 75 side by side and just try them both out

edit: cotswold might have them... and theres one in southampton according to their website ? i lived here for my whole life and didnt know that !!
i think they only carry the sabre 30 though.

Bootstrap Bob

Jun 21, 2006
Oxfordshire
Sirex
I got my Sabre 75 from Penrith Survival but that was mail order and too far just to visit.
There is a suplus store at Brize Norton in Oxfordshire which is a bit closer to you. Haven't been for a while and they had Sabres then but the website only shows the 30L now.

http://www.army-surplus.co.uk/

sirex

Forager
Nov 20, 2008
bournemouth
i dropped by cotswold last night (huge store!). - they only have the sabre 30 in stock however. the lowe alpine tfx ridge caught my eye, so now im torn between something sturdy and a little heavy (4kg), or something lighter but maybe a bit weaker. - spending so much on a pack im tempted to go for the heavy sturdy option, at least then you know your money isnt going to go down the toilet at the first gorse bush.

Nat

Sep 4, 2007
York, North Yorkshire
I'd stick with the sabre to be honest. At least that way you have the option of adding side pockets or not and know they'll be big enough for a 1.75l kelly plus 14cm billy.

Besides, the sabre is OD :D

j.dee69

Mar 7, 2009
Lancashire
Hi there, i'd go with the sabre bag as i got a lowe alpine bag costing 130 quid then a few weeks later was kicking myself for not getting a sabre and then just a couple of days ago went for the sabre 80-130 i just can't tell you how good this bag is don't worry about the weight it's that comfortable you won't even notice it. i've gone for side bags and a yoke too so a can use as a day bag. got mine at Tamarack in garstang It's the best shop i've ever been in.

sirex

Forager
Nov 20, 2008
bournemouth
Hi there, i'd go with the sabre bag as i got a lowe alpine bag costing 130 quid then a few weeks later was kicking myself for not getting a sabre and then just a couple of days ago went for the sabre 80-130 i just can't tell you how good this bag is don't worry about the weight it's that comfortable you won't even notice it. i've gone for side bags and a yoke too so a can use as a day bag. got mine at Tamarack in garstang It's the best shop i've ever been in.

thats exactly what i was hoping someone would be able to say objectively :) thanks !

p.s: 80-130? you're nuts!

j.dee69

Mar 7, 2009
Lancashire
The 80-130 is no bigger than the 60-100 sounds silly but it's true the 80-130 Just has a zip on the side that you can undo to make it bigger. i was going for the 60-100 But when i saw the two together i thought if i ever needed a little more space all i do is undo the zip and bingo bigger bag and the price was the same as the smaller bag. hope this helps j.d

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE