S-Wales BC courses/advice in general.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Both the weather sites i use for fishing say 2-7mph SSW's which are ideal for the location... Water-wise, the forecast has changed from showers 1pm sunday to 10pm saturday since i checked yesterday. But....

Like a fool, i'll be there too! :)

Jul 13, 2009
South Wales
Hi All would love to come along,but have Diy duties on Saturday and a meal with some neighbours in the evening:(
But if i get a cancelation........:cool:
Would it be possible for someone to pm me the details???

Ta Scott

Mojoracinguk

Nomad
Apr 14, 2010
Hereford
whats the crack with this then?

Do you guy's know each other or is this a meeting meet?

I am about an hour away and need to get another camp in this year....although prob not for a couple more weeks.

but if you do any more i'd be interessted for sure.

Cheers,
Mojo

The Big Lebowski

Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Just a couple of photo's form last night, rather and starting a new thread....

Mike/Dave it really was a pleasure meeting you and thanks for the excellent company on my first bushcraft related over-nighter. Looking forwards to crossing paths and sharing a campfire some time soon!

Basecamp.
o5yng3.jpg

Mike tending the fire.
314qxbr.jpg

Chorizo, wild mushroom (Thanks mike!) and sweet pepper kebabs with chicken and bacon rissotto with some of daves excellent chicken,
hazelnut drop scones courtesty of mike, who also provided some stonking birch leaf liquor :)
2s17upe.jpg

fp2nfn.jpg

Dave making fire 'faries' (which amused us all)
k03gxz.jpg

Weather wise, it actually worked out better than predicted holding off till 1.30 am before we had any noticeable rain,
and then boy did it make up for it!! but everyone stayed dry, and it settled down just as we where leaving after brekkie.
The river gives you a clue to the ammount of water we had overnight...
2h4bw9j.jpg

Top company, everyone mucked in, brought something to share and it was generally a very relaxing and informative night.

Cheers,TBL.

Last edited:

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Thanks guys for a great trip. Glad that we all survived my mushrooming, given that I'd never eaten Amethyst Deceiver before! As soon as I work out how, I'll get some pics of my own up.

Al, you need more credit for your cookery. That wasn't bushcraft food, that was cuisine!

The Big Lebowski

Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Pleasure mike... Old habbits die hard in the cuisine department!

(and it was lighter than 3 tins of spagetti bland-bol) :D

I have to admit, you are the first guy crazy enough to pack a bakestone and hoyk it a mile up a sheep track, but fair play those scones where worth watching you tun varoius colors through-out the journey!

goodjob

TBL.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Just to cap it off, when I got home and stuffed all my clothes in the wash, I realised that my cheapie Asda torch and my mobile phone were still in my trouser pockets.

The phone is now drying out and the prognosis is very uncertain, but the torch was completely unfazed and works perfectly straight from the machine. In fact it actually got switched on whilst it was being washed, so there was an odd light show. I'm quite impressed for a £2 torch.

Not as bright as others on display last night though.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE