S-Wales BC courses/advice in general.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
tyring to find some info about Bushcrafting in South-Wales as regards to meets (fee or free) craft fares and recommended couses/providers. i notice there's lots of events on the calender as in moot's, weekenders ect so i may just skip the course and learn first hand from fellow bushcrafters. not shure.

looking at building up some kit over the next month or two and then a few solo nights out, autumn/winter reading and then a spring summer out as much as possible!

I'd like to hold onto the thought of summer presently, but it aint looking good :p

cheers for any pointers or advice, TBL.

hiraeth

Settler
Jan 16, 2007
Port Talbot
As for courses try Dryad Bushcraft based on the Gower, they are putting on a bushcraft day at Margam Country Park, Port Talbot. Next week on the 25th, only cost is the entrance fee to the park which is about £3, Hope this is of help.

The Big Lebowski

Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Cheers for that hiraeth... typically I'm studying for exams over the next fortnight, but i might see if i can take a few hours out to pop down.

I'll also look into Dryad, as i spend alot of time down the Gower, which is a very nice part of the world :)

Atb, al.

xairbourne

Jan 10, 2006
Pontypool
www.youtube.com
Just go out and do it! best way to learn, Started with ex army kit and a pot noodle in Wentwood forest. Now im swinging from the trees in my hammock and eating bushcraft gourmet meals in Hereford. Loads of helpful people on here, with the ability to answer any questions or point you in the right direction.
All the best

The Big Lebowski

Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Thanks very muchly xairbourne!

Plenty of places around here for some stealth-camping, already been out for a ganders. Not tried bushcraft since i was 12 or so, armed with a copy of lofty's SAS survival handbook and my older brothers full TA webbing :)

Gawd i feel old now LoL!

Atb, al.

The Big Lebowski

Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Yeah... well, Talywain for my sins LoL!!

Some nice countryside up this way just asking to be explored! also know Wentwood very well, Chepstow and a few other places fairly local.

atb, al.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Hey, there's worse places to live than Talywain. I just can't think of many right now ;)

Well, Trevethin of course...

I'm a bit to the south in Griffithstown, but tend to get up your way. I got badly midged around sunset today on the Blorenge, as unusually, there was no breeze at all.
:mosquitos:

The Big Lebowski

Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
LoL :)

I didnt realise you got the dreaded 'midgies' south of scotland till i moved up here!

and i've heard trevethin is 'a warm and friendly place' rich in 'character'

(just pulling a leg if anyone's from that way ;) )

TBL.

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
hi folks im on the other side of the mountain cwmcarn we need to all get together to organize something lets all have a think regards dave

The Big Lebowski

Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Sounds interesting dave... I know nice remote spot not too far from me, and can offer secure parking (10pm locked gate and owner lives on site) if anyone fancies a small meet/overnighter.

wont have kit for a few weeks, but after that i'm good!

I'm not the worlds best organiser, but i can offer the parking and somewhere not too far on foot for a camp (wooded council land, lots of old campfires, as remote as you get)

see what happens from this...

atb, al.

The Big Lebowski

Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Cool :)

Tied up for the next two weekends, but i'm good with the 2'nd october (Saturday)... Just let me know if the date is sutable, and i'll have a chat with the guy about parking!

Regards, TBL.

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
hi alan put me down for it be great to get together, anyone else local up for it like wayland says these are the times we should be looking to get together whether were newbies or have some experience we all have to start somewhere and its local you havant got to travel far hope to see some more of you there regards dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE