S. Djärv Crook knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
They look very nice. The big ones are about £30 which is comparable to a custom knife here - are there none you can buy in Österreich?

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
I have a few of his tools, looking at the link above my crook must be the standard sized one. I find it very comfortable to use, I'd recommend them.

djarv.jpg

belabear

Tenderfoot
Jul 17, 2008
Austria
Österreich is a big wasteland for anything concerning wood- and leatherworking. And also for knifemaking. Just as an example: Asked in a small shop for blades for my bandsaw, price for the blades was ok, but they wanted to charge me 20,- Euros for shipping one 100 gr. blade..... so I ordered from GB and got a better price for blade AND shipping...
Also I order all my knives either from Dennis (Brisa) or Per (Naturgalleriet) best prices and best service there !

And I thought of buying the unhandled Crook-Knife

Cheers
Belabear

Last edited:

Frederick89

Tenderfoot
Feb 15, 2010
Modena, Italy
Good knives for the price: raw fit and finish, but great performances.

Blades are in K720/O2, tangs are drawn out with power hammer while blades are hand forged with hand held hammer, than oil quenched and tempered to about 60 HRC to the edge.

Handles too are left a bit raw and give a good grip and handling .

belabear

Tenderfoot
Jul 17, 2008
Austria
Prices, shipping included, are better if I order directely, understandable because if I would order from Woodlore or Woodland Craft Supplies it would have to be sent once from Sweden to the UK and then from the UK to Austria.... And I would like to buy one of their engraving knives too, so I´ll pay for one package, and that´s ok.

Thanks for the feedback!

Cheers
Belabear

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE