Rv 2009

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

craven

Forager
Jan 13, 2008
devon
hey guys, packing up my gear for the RV, really looking farward to it now, came around quick! this is the point at which i'm thinking to myself " hmm do i really need to take that inflatable life raft":rolleyes: , any who, can't wait to see you all round the camp fire!!:D

Nightwalker

Native
Sep 18, 2006
Cornwall, UK.
www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk
Would anyone like to take my place for the Blacksmithing class 1300-1500 on Sunday? As much as I would love to do both the knife-making & the blacksmithing I dont know if im going to be able to hang around that long on the Sunday, got a family do in the afternoon :rolleyes: If not no problem, I'll probably get away with staying.

See you tomorrow folks.

mostly packed just the cool box to do then off tonight to My mates where we leave early

Cider ... Check
Southern Comfort ..... Check
Home cure bacon n sausages ..... Check
New H Hammock outer ..... check
Pink Cammo jkt ............. Check

even got a few poles for a wood tripod as i assume Smarty dosnt want the wood raped for sausage sticks :D :rolleyes:

St Austell Tescos ETA 10am tommorrow ish ;)

ATB

Duncan

harryhawk

Forager
Feb 6, 2009
Devon
See you guys tomorrow.
Won't be there until the afternoon so save us a pitch.
I've had a word with upstairs and he said the weather will be OK:lmao:
Packed me wellies just in case.

Nightwalker

Native
Sep 18, 2006
Cornwall, UK.
I'll be bringing a few items with me to share if anyone would like them... I've got a dozen Gransfor Bruks Axe Books to give away, 20 or 30 limpet shells (a couple of these make good bearing blocks for your fire-set) and two pairs of old jeans if anyone would like to make some charcloth track me down.

Also I'll have a roll of aliminium-tape, so if anyone has got a few empty coke-cans you could bring them along and we could make some pop-can stoves if you like, thanks to Justin for teaching me how to do that at the last meet.

harryhawk

Forager
Feb 6, 2009
Devon
I'm at work now.:( My son, Ben and I had a great time.
Thanks to Chris, Nikki, Angie and all the rest of the organisers.:notworthy
Thanks to Tris, his time and his forge for letting me make a skinning knife.
Thanks to Bernie for the bespoke "Bird & Trout" and for putting a edge on the knife I forged with Tris.
And a big, big thank you to Neal at the spoon carving. Ben hasn't stopped whittling since you gave him the Frosts knife. A very kind and thoughtful gift, it made his weekend in your company.
I'll see you all next year and I'm hoping not to work so we can stay for the full 4 days.
Thanks again:You_Rock_

craven

Forager
Jan 13, 2008
devon
hey guy's,
just got back from the RV, wanted to say a massive thankyou to chris and all the staff for organising a cracking weekend, thanks also to leon for the leather working, definatly going to be keeping that up, thanks to bernie for dispelling the miths of knife making and all the other members of the team that made myself and cassie so welcome :You_Rock_
i can't wait for the next meet :red: oh and a special thankyou to john for turning my dog into a lush!! thanks mate!!!:rolleyes:
thanks all

Paul and cassie

harryhawk

Forager
Feb 6, 2009
Devon
Hello Paul, nice to meet up with you again.
Was it cold last night? I left work in Exeter this morning and it was -1:eek:
I had to scrape the car.
It was a cracking weekend and roll on next month:lmao:

craven

Forager
Jan 13, 2008
devon
hey harry,
good to see you guy's to! it was a bit chilly last night, cass was cold until i gave her an extra fleese blanket!! looking farward to the next meet!

Nightwalker

Native
Sep 18, 2006
Cornwall, UK.
Really enjoyed it, a pleasure to meetup with old and new friends. I only wish I could have stayed longer. I'll definatly be back to next years.

Thanks to Bernie & Janiepopps for the classes that I attended, greatly appreciated. And Thanks to all those involved in organising/helping. All the best,

Ashley Cawley.

rawshak

Forager
Jan 11, 2009
Cornwall
Firstly a great big thank-you to all the guys at Footsteps for all their efforts organising the RV, Lorna and I had a great weekend and thoroughly enjoyed the whole event. Great work, you'll be seeing us again next year for sure :)

Also, thanks to Leon, Tristan and Bernie for being so accommodating in their workshops. Thanks again guys and great to meet you all.

As ever, the Cornish Moot contigent of BushcraftUK were as welcoming and friendly as ever. It was great to see everyone again, and good to know we have a great little family building here. Special thanks to Andy, Sue and John for hosting us in their camp and for hosting Friday nights social (apologies to anyone we kept awake with our shinannigans).
we'll have to get together again in a few weeks for another Woodland Valley weekend.

Totally fantastic weekend :D

JoyR

Tenderfoot
Jan 31, 2009
North Devon
Well, I'm layed up in bed having finally allowed this cold to kick me in the bum! I had an absolutely fantastic time this weekend, learnt a lot, met a lot of great people..and drank a lot of home-brews! Many thanks to andy and sue, john, matt and abby, martin and ali, ashley and clan and all the many others who offered tea and great company over the weekend. As far as I can tell, the girls had a great time, and I certainly did. Roll on next year, especially minus the alternately runny and blocked nose! I wonder if it would get here faster if I had snakes for legs...;-) Joy

janiepopps

Nomad
Jan 30, 2006
Heavenly Cornwall
Fidget & Parker, what great neighbours you made! Slow roasted lamb with port gravy and home cured bacon too. Please can you park next to us again next year :D

Cheers Nikki & Smarty for all your hard work, it was a corker as usual xx

Basha72

Tenderfoot
Jul 13, 2006
Torbay
Cheers Chris,Nikki and all the rest of the squad that helped out make it another great meet up,

janiepopps, The kids really enjoyed their time in your firelighting session and also the egg hunt, thanks for putting your time aside for that. Really enjoyed the breadmaking and the Animal tracking, now the walks in our local woods may have the kids leading the walk !!

Nice to see some of the faces from the first RV, and it just shows what a good reputation it as with the amount of people that were there this weekend, the weather was good and my Kids really loved it, to the point my son did not want to get out of his tent on monday morning ! :)

Thanks again and see you all next year

Basha

bear knights

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 18, 2007
Cornwall
an absolute blinder of a weekend. Cheers harryhawk but can't take the credit of helping to organise it as I just turned up to make lots of noise and keep the real organisers, Mr Smarty and Nikki, awake. Huge thanks to both of you and to everyone else who gave their time and skills so generously. special thanks to all the families and youngsters who made my first time teaching kids an absolute treat and also to tristan for his blacksmithing and artistic skills, as well as endless patience. apologies to ash for not spending more time with you guys, didn't realise you were heading off, so catch up soon? neil, leon, lou, karl, janie, jonnyp, tristan, amy, justin, lorna, dave, bernie, toby, john, the two smutty boys, simon and duncan, and everyone else who I met up with, great time had and can't wait to meet up again soon.
x

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
Just to echoe all of the above, what a great weekend, more than worth the endless hours of bank holiday traffic.
Huge thanks the to Smarty and Nikki for planning,organising and executing such a top-notch event. Chris, your hot-line to the big guy upstairs is certainly working - the weather was superb.
It was great to meet so many new faces and see some old freinds too (with most I have no idea of your user names I'm afraid).

Shocks - get in touch via PM - as later on Monday I bumped into another TW connection! -

Duncan & Simon - the long drive back was made even more uncomfortable as my sides were still hurting - you two should either get married or form a comedy double act!

Harry & Ben - it was a pleasure to spend time with you both, thanks for being model students and great neighbors (Ben I expect to see some fantastic spoons next year)

Jon & Janie - I really wanted to get over and spend more time with you guys - but you know how it goes (next year).

Where do I sign up for next year!

N

Nightwalker

Native
Sep 18, 2006
Cornwall, UK.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE