Rumbled !

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Yup, I've done the pregnant thing too!! It was when those t-shirts were in fashion, they had a part missing from the front like somebody had cut a large triangle of material from the bottom of the t-shirt and all you could see was tummy. Don't get me wrong, it can look good on some women, but when I asked one lass when she was due and got a dumb look followed by a medusa-like gaze, I knew it was time to make my excuses and get back to propping up the bar. It was another kebab night that night as I recall!

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Well my job is selling outdoor clothing and my mate worked with me, this day a lady who upon trying on a jacket then checking herself out in the mirror walked up to us said" excuse me does this jacket make me look big" my mate replied back "no its all the cakes and biscuits you eaten that make you look big". :D
I nearly choked on the cola i was drinking at the time from laughing.

She did see the funny side eventully though.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Student Nurse, very new to ward work, was asked to make sure the patients false teeth were soaking for the night, "no problem" said the student. Well, there was a problem, the student put the patients false teeth to soak in a large stainless steel tub, all the teeth, about 10 patients teeth, at the same time,,,,,,,,,,,, sort that out in the morning :eek:

Zodiak

Settler
Mar 6, 2006
Kent UK
I work in a IT support organisation and many years ago at around 4:55 on a friday the finance director rang down to get us to change the toner in the laser printer outside his office. We were litteraly putting our coats on.

It was 14 floors up but we had to go down a floor to get the bits and everything was locked up. The thing is he hated us as we cost him money so he used to delight in making our lives difficult, so the lad who took the call was not impressed.

He slammed the phone down and said "What a <see you next tuesday> but didn't notice the cord had caught under the handset and he was still connected.

10 seconds later my phone went and the finance director was demanding this lad came to his office. Luckily I had been on the end of this before and told him that just at the end of the call somebody had knocked a cup of coffee over this lads desk and being a professional he had completed the call and didn't react until he thought the phone was down.

He didn't really buy it but there wasn;t much he could do. The best bit was that he wanted teh toner changed because his neice was coming in to print her homework!!

Draven

Native
Jul 8, 2006
Scotland
hmmm... I don't think I really put my foot in it any more, it's in there perpetually :rolleyes:

There was one time when I was at a flea market looking at a stall full of various military memoribilia... in particular, two Nazi Knives and few Soviet Union things. Turned to leave and there was my headteacher staring at me... bit embarassing, especially since I'd gotten in trouble from him numerous times before for starting heated political debates in class...

Another time I was insulting the very same headteacher to someone who turned out to be his son...

A teacher played a CD and asked our opinion, I told him that it was rubbish, and that just happened to be his son's band...

I won't even go into the Physics lessons about Or-Gates or discussing the importance of certain plant Organisms is Chemistry...

Abbe Osram

Native
Nov 8, 2004
Sweden
milzart.blogspot.com
falling rain said:
:eek: I had a call this morning (at work in a hospital helpdesk) from a right moaning old bat complaining that the breakfast trays had not been cleared and generally moaning about.......... 'it always gets done at 08:30 and it's now 08:35' moan , moan ,moan........chuffing well moan. Anyway I radioed the catering supervisor and said' "Greg, there's a real pain in the a*se lady on the phone moaning about the breakfast trays. For heavens sake it's only 5 minutes late, can you go up and clear them to keep the old nag quiet".................no problem there............except I forgot to put the phone on mute and she heard every word I said. ........... :eek: . 5 minutes later I'm duly called into the office by my manager who actually thought it was quite funny but still asked me to write a letter of apology :11doh: . How about some............. 'The time I put my foot in it' stories.

Its nice how Life is sometimes using us as a teacher and we dont know it even.
The old lady got the truth told to her. Hopefully your words switched a light bulb on in her head. Its sad that you had to apologise, how can you apologise for the truth.

cheers
Abbe

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE