Rucksack - Fjall Raven Kajka v. Haglof Oxo

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

susi

Nomad
Jul 23, 2008
Finland
I'm looking at a new pack and have narrowed it down to these two. Both are well made and the seams, zips, straps, etc. appear strong enough to trust when out trekking beyond civilisation.

My problem is that i just cant choose :(

I have had positive experience of both brands, so i cant separate them that way. The prices are very similar. I've only tried on the Oxo, and it was easily adjusted to my 190cm height. The Kajka would be mail order, but it is also fully adjustable.

Does anyone have experience of either that they can share? :)

susi

Nomad
Jul 23, 2008
Finland
Yes the Vapour Trail is a light pack (only 1Kg), and does have the bonus of a large size option to cover back measurements up to 63cm (which should be fine for guys up to 2m tall, or about 6'6" for the imperialists :) ). But the Kajka (at 2.9Kg) does have tougher fabric.

Shepard

Tenderfoot
Jul 31, 2006
Norway
I recommend you take a look at ArcTeryx Bora 80.
Colors Grey and blue are discontinued so they`re half price...

Since youre tall you may get lucky finding one at this bargain.

Look up USMC ILBE if youre interested in info on the carrying system. Cant see any difference in the carrying system from my civvie Bora 80. In fact replacing hip belts/shoulder strap between these two are no problem at all.

Get the pack that fits your back with the intented weight and carries it best are my 2pine cones.

Best of luck

susi

Nomad
Jul 23, 2008
Finland
His and hers models of the Kajka arrived today. I heard that the pack had been designed by an outdoor enthusiast as part of his masters degree, and first impressions show that plenty of thought has gone into the design. The rucksack is full adjustable for both back length and shoulder strap width. There are numerous well thought out pockets and dividing options. The number of straps, zips and clunk-clips is a little overwhelming to begin with, but they all seem to server some logical purpose. The material seems tough and all stitching is as it should be. Most of all, the pack feels comfortable.

We have a trek coming up in early June, so will report back on performance in real life then.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE