Round/flat bottomed draw string pouch

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
Evening all,

Just wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a good pictorial tutorial on how to make a flat/round bottomed drawstring bag - for my hobo stove & gubbins to hide in?

Thanks

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I just make a tube by sewing a square along two edges, once that's done I just make a circle a bit wider for the base. Turn the tube inside out and then just sew the bottom on. All by eye normally but it works right enough

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
Cheers Rich, that's what i thought :) I was worried that there was more to it and i'd waste a good piece of leather!

Oct 5, 2009
Sheffield
Sheesh James, no wonder you complain about pack weight. How intent are you on using leather? I can knock up a quick, lightweight jobby for our next outing. Post dimensions and colour preferences if you're interested - choice of red, grey, olive and auscam.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Evening all,

Just wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a good pictorial tutorial on how to make a flat/round bottomed drawstring bag - for my hobo stove & gubbins to hide in?

Thanks
My book (see the Makers Market section) - if that is not blatent advertising...... :D

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
John, i have been meaning to buy that book for ages. Is it printed word, or can i get a digital PDF copy? Only i go on holiday tomorrow and fancied a pet project to take with me. :)

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
Dan, i've been given a really nice piece of leather and need something to while away the hours next week. We're spending a week sailing on the Norfolk broads, so in between the sailing and drinking, i need a project :)

Pack weight - pah! last time out i took everything in my two side pouches on the yolk. Hammock, tarp, hobo & food. I had to tie the sleeping bag on though.

Are you okay for the 6th?

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
If you're anywhere near Morley in the morning James you're welcome to borrow my copy of Johns book while you're away.

I'm going away myself tomorrow lunch time so it'll be pretty hectic round here but you're welcome to call in for it.

Going out now but I'll be back online later

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
John, i have been meaning to buy that book for ages. Is it printed word, or can i get a digital PDF copy? Only i go on holiday tomorrow and fancied a pet project to take with me. :)

PDF is available ...but I dont do paypal...cash cheques or Postal Orders only I am afraid.....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE