Round-Bottom Leather Pouch

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
I want to make a pouch like this!!! :eek:): I need a possibles pouch and I want to build it up simple and not fill the half of my kit in, (which usually happens :roll: )
Does anybody have a diagram??? :?:

What do you think of a pouch like this? Yes I know i'm going nostalgic again. :naughty: :nana:

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
Looks a good idea. they are quite straight forward to make as you can stich it inside out and then turn the bag the right way round and hide all the stiching. I have heard people using leather from old clothes or bags bought at car boot sales, this makes the materials much cheaper.

I don't have any patterns though.

Bill

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Yeah I'm definately gonna stitch on "the wrong side" and then turn it inside, out so the stitches is hidden. :wink:

So when the possibles are going in, I'll stick to Adi's advice with: fire, cutting, repair, first aid and simple navigation. :biggthump

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Well I'm almost done. Never seen so many stitches in my life before. :eek:): And needles and bear thread... :shock: :biggthump

Kim

Nomad
Sep 6, 2004
Birmingham
Well done matey, tell us all about it when it's done. What you made it out of, where you got the materials from etc, etc.

:You_Rock_

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Done! :D :eek:): If you take into consideration, my skills with needle and thread, then it got pretty good. :wink: I will take a picture tomorrow.

Keith_Beef

Native
Sep 9, 2003
Yvelines, north-west of Paris, France.
I've made maybe a dozen of these sorts of pouches over the last fifteen years or so.

They really are very simple, and are a good way to start leatherwork.

You don't really need a pattern, just mark out a circle or oval for the bottom, then cut a band that will go all the way round, the width being the height of the finished pouch.

Sew it up inside out, turn it, punch holes round the neck of the bag for your thong.

I have used these for carrying money when I have a hole in my pocket (from a key or knife having nicked the cloth), since you can pass the thong under your belt and secure it with a small toggle. The bag sits inside the torn pocket.

An alternative, is to take a strip of thick leather about 1" (25mm) wide, and ten inches (250mm) long for the "base", and cut two ovals of more flexible leather to make a pouch that lies flatter to your chest.

Keith.

Kim

Nomad
Sep 6, 2004
Birmingham
Keith_Beef said:
I have used these for carrying money when I have a hole in my pocket Keith.

It's brilliant that you take the time to make yourself a leather bag, and leave the hole in your pocket!!!

:biggthump

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE