Rough Close March '12 Meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Just back a little while ago and all showered off and rested a bit, just got the car to unload now :rolleyes:

Had a great time seeing new and old faces, annoyed that I forgot my camera :tapedshut so only took a couple with my phone

Chilling by the fire last night with Damian
IMAG0087.jpg

And why I didn't want to go home today...
IMAG0088.jpg

Thank you Phil for facilitating a great meet... there was a lot of emotion and memories over the weekend for Andy2112 and I was glad to be there to share with it all.

Other thanks go to Sally for her amazing biscuits... they were truly scrumptious and Damian for both his curry on the Saturday and Sunday nights as well as his excellent company on the Sunday night... the next Ghillie Kettle experiment has been decided upon :rolleyes::rofl:

Last edited:

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
As expected the weather was brilliant so even more sorry to have to have missed most of it - but at least I earned a few brownie points for getting Higher Management a glass of white wine with ice in it to ease her raging sore throat/cold/cough.

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Hi Guys, again I would like to add my thanks, Big thanks to Phil for organising it, it was my first meet and you personally made me feel very welcome and I enjoyed the chat late into the night about your fake grass round the cam fire lol!!
Im also very jelus of the new shelter you have got mate!!!

I made my first ever fire using tinder I found on site, very cool, Thanks to Damien for the lesson on using a traditional flint and steel and for letting me borrow his to have a go, again very cool!!
Learnt a couple of knots thanks to Teepee for my army tarp and had my very first swing in the woods lol

Failed miserablly at making a spoon and took waaaaaay to much kit but thats all part of the fun!!!!

Only silly thing I managed to do was pitch my camp up right in the middle of the walkway which Steve (mesquite) pointed out on various occasions lol, Im sorry about that peeps, it made life a bit of a nightmare getting past us!! Note to self, look properly next time before making camp in the way of, er, everyone lol!!!

I met lots of wonderful people, Im sorry but the amount of people there remembering all the names would be near on impossible lol!!!

Im really gutted I didnt get to spend alot of time around the communial fire, I am really disappointed in that, but I was just too busy doing absolutely nothing but relaxing!! terrible lol

Special thanks to Teepee for his driving skills and great company over the whole weekend!!!!
It was simply great, I really didnt want to leave and Im very much looking forward to the next one!!

The biggest thing I learnt over the weekend, after all the AWESOME kit I got to look at over the weekend, the same saying was said by all regarding kit, and that is that buying kit is a very personnel thing, its not what you buy or how much it costs, what really matters is that it simply works for you!!!

That sort of advice is PRICELESS!!!

All in all a brilliant time was had!!
Again thanks to everyone who made a brilliant weekend, see you on another meet!!!

All the best
Steve

P.S. someone who was camping close to us can snoor for England!!! Lmao!!

Jan 5, 2010
bedfordshire
Mesquite you are going to have to change your signature as Man of Taniths 'wife' now meets men off the internet in the woods too!! And she had great time!!! :p
Thank you for the fish hook lesson, Shan is planning on taking hers into school for 'show and tell' she's so proud!
And Bare Thrills, Shannon is still using your 'I am a sniffer' comment!! That one is going to follow you for a long time if she has anything to do with it!!;)
Thanks for the biscuit recipe Sal.
x

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Mesquite you are going to have to change your signature as Man of Taniths 'wife' now meets men off the internet in the woods too!! And she had great time!!! :p

Is this better :D:lmao:

Thank you for the fish hook lesson, Shan is planning on taking hers into school for 'show and tell' she's so proud!

It's my pleasure... and it's something much nicer to share about what she did in the woods this time :rolleyes::rofl:

Sep 15, 2011
Reading
Thanks everyone for a great time over the weekend and all the help and advice.

James and I loved it and can't wait for the next time.

David

Only silly thing I managed to do was pitch my camp up right in the middle of the walkway which Steve (mesquite) pointed out on various occasions lol, Im sorry about that peeps, it made life a bit of a nightmare getting past us!! Note to self, look properly next time before making camp in the way of, er, everyone lol!!!

I met lots of wonderful people, Im sorry but the amount of people there remembering all the names would be near on impossible lol!!!

LOL, that's why you met lots of people, including me walking through your kitchen from time to time. Glad you enjoyed it Steve.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Im sorry but the amount of people there remembering all the names would be near on impossible lol!!!

That's a 'sort of' ongoing issue for Meet goers :lmao:

(See below :eek: )

... fake grass round the cam fire lol!!...

I can now put the face to the screen name :rofl: ~ I'd forgotten your screen name :eek: .

Now I know who I need to PM I'll speak to swmbo about the training course we spoke about :)

The biggest thing I learnt over the weekend, after all the AWESOME kit I got to look at over the weekend, the same saying was said by all regarding kit, and that is that buying kit is a very personnel thing, its not what you buy or how much it costs, what really matters is that it simply works for you!!!

That sort of advice is PRICELESS!!!

Good innit :D

P.S. someone who was camping close to us can snoor for England!!! Lmao!!

I'd look in the direction of Jason and Sam's tent ;)

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Sounds like I missed a good un again :(.
Looking forward to catching up with a few of you in May, its been a while.:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE