Rotisseried Bunny

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Well it was going to be good old chicken and pasta for tea tonight, but whilst out for my mutts first walk of the evening that good old Jack Russell Terrorist nailed a large healthy bunny.
So as we speak it's in the rotisseri with some fresh garlic bulbs playing a very special game of Magic Roundabout. :rolleyes:

Snoop ( the said mutt ) is in the kitchen keeping an eye on the cooling heart, lights and offal that I cooked up for him. ( I do love the kidneys but it's his kill.)

I love living where man and dog can do what they're supposed to do and enjoy the fruits of their labours.

Bon appetit everyone.

Goatboy.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Nice one Col, I hope it tastes good mate

Never had Snoop as a hunter though, I thought he was just a big softie dragging that sheepskin about. :)

belzeebob23

Settler
Jun 7, 2009
glasgow
I had to laugh shewie when I read your post
Snoop just like everybody, just likes a few home comforts when he's away
Scott

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
I saw a battery operated rotissery, with a motor in the handle, at a car boot fair a while ago and keep thinking I shouls have bought it as cooking a rabbit or chicken over an open fire while it is spinning would be great. Must look out for another one.

The rabbit sounds good and well done to your dog for providing dinner

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Morning All,

The rabbit was pretty darn good, all eaten up.

Lol Shewie, Snoops actually pretty good on the killing front when he puts his mind to it, was nailed hares, rabbits, a couple of grey squirrels, loads of rats and unfortunately a stoat in his day. ( Hedgehogs are a puzzle to him though and I don't want him bothering them anyway). As Scott says though he does love his sheepskin though.

Neumo, if you dig round old farm sales and antique centres you can occasionally pic up old clockwork rotisseries - very ecco-friendly.

Cheers for the posts folks.

TTFN
Colin.

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
lmao as long as he didnt do what he did to the sheepskin!!:eek: :eek: :eek: to the rabbit otherwise id stick to the chicken and pasta mate!!

Enjoy your bunny.

My Red Border Collie caught one the other night but it was a mixxy!! not sure what she thinks when I chuck it over the ditch its like "oi I just caught that its mine"

As Rich said i didnt have him down as a hunter either.

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
Morning All,
Neumo, if you dig round old farm sales and antique centres you can occasionally pic up old clockwork rotisseries - very ecco-friendly.

I saw one of those on a Jamie Oliver series a year or so ago. Looked pretty good but was quite a large/heavy afair. The one I saw looked like a small sword with a motor/battery in the handle and a 2 foot long skewer. That looks much more portable but if I ever see a claockwork one I may get it for the garden. I just have this vision of a chicken spinning over some hot coals in a woodland setiing...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE