Robet Dyas

bilko

Settler
May 16, 2005
SE london
Are doing a mini maglite and victorianox huntsman with spare batteries and pouch for the mag.£14.49!!!!!!!!!
Saw it today in thurrock shopping center.
That's cheap isn't it?

AndyW

Nomad
Nov 12, 2006
Essex
Bilko, thanks for the heads up.

I was just heading out this morning to get either a Huntsman or Ranger and thought I'd drop on here first.

After seeing this it was a no brainer. £20 for a Huntsman (special offer) at local shop or £15 with the Maglite.

Seems to good to be true. The sak is normally £25, the Maglite £15 and the pouch another £5. £45 of stuff for £15 :lmao:

Thanks mate :D

bilko

Settler
May 16, 2005
SE london
AndyW said:
Bilko, thanks for the heads up.

I was just heading out this morning to get either a Huntsman or Ranger and thought I'd drop on here first.

After seeing this it was a no brainer. £20 for a Huntsman (special offer) at local shop or £15 with the Maglite.

Seems to good to be true. The sak is normally £25, the Maglite £15 and the pouch another £5. £45 of stuff for £15 :lmao:

Thanks mate :D
Glad someone has reaped the rewards Andy. Thinking on i should have got 1 each for my boys :rolleyes:

AndyW

Nomad
Nov 12, 2006
Essex
Yeah I was going to get one for my boy but held off as he's not six yet :rolleyes:

His time will come and I'll supervise him with mine in the mean time :D

Zodiak

Settler
Mar 6, 2006
Kent UK
bilko said:
Are doing a mini maglite and victorianox huntsman with spare batteries and pouch for the mag.£14.49!!!!!!!!!
Saw it today in thurrock shopping center.
That's cheap isn't it?
Thats amazing!!

I would be tempted to buy one for my daughter (13) if the came in pink :)

Could they be selling them off cheap becuase Maglite had launched the MagLed torch which will presumbaly be the eventual replacement. :confused:

AndyW

Nomad
Nov 12, 2006
Essex
I like the look of the new LED Maglites but they're a fortune at the moment. Local shop has the AA one discounted at about £32 at the moment :eek:

Now I know they must be good but I'll wait for the price to come down before I think seriously about one. In the meantime I like the normal the Maglites and for price with the knife... :D

AndyW said:
I like the look of the new LED Maglites but they're a fortune at the moment. Local shop has the AA one discounted at about £32 at the moment :eek:

Now I know they must be good but I'll wait for the price to come down before I think seriously about one. In the meantime I like the normal the Maglites and for price with the knife... :D

I think that you can buy an LED upgrade kit for maglites - on ebay here

Phil.

Zodiak

Settler
Mar 6, 2006
Kent UK
These are made by a company called Nite-Ize and they don't allow you to focus the beam.

Mine still uses the light end as the switch, I only had to replace the reflector and the actual module plugs in the holes for the bulb.

It has performed flawlessly, gives a nice clean white beam and I can easily get a weekend out of it using re-chargeable NiMh batteries, however my son bought a torch on e-bay that cost around the same and is just as good.

The upgrade will give you a rock solid LED torch but won't be as good as the MagLED which is focusable.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE