Rob J Evans Bushtool

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

minds_eye

Aug 30, 2011
South West UK
Picked this up from another forum and haven't had a chance to use it myself yet, but the option for something I've wanted for a while has come up, so this has got to go :/

Lovely bit of kit, that is lightly used as described. I spoke to Rob Evans who confirmed he won't be making any more in this size.

I'll let the previous seller describe it ...

Quoting the seller:

For sale we have a Rob Evans Bushtool in black micarta and a beautifully sharp blade of O1 measuring in at 4 3/4 inches and 4mm thick (lovely combination of imperial and metric there). It has the extremely useful butt plate on the end of the handle for all your hammering needs, and the handle is very comfortable in use.

This is a rarer, larger version of the Bushtool and I found it to do very well in everything I put it up to.

This one has been used, and has scuffs to the blade flats as you can see in the pictures with a few spots of patina. The edge has only ever been stropped, and is fantastically sharp...you can see reflections on the edge in the pictures. The plunge is not symmetrical, but I've had knives at triple the cost with the same, and it's not an issue in use.

It comes with a lovely leather sheath made by Rob Evans himself that is really meant for a left hander, however I've been wearing it on my right side with the loop facing outwards, and as such it functions exactly like a right hander sheath.

To the pictures:

G3eZDbh.jpg

y7Zm6dI.jpg

VnwUirz.jpg

nKnY6jL.jpg

jheXD3I.jpg

--

Price:

SOLD - £140 inc postage to UK (no trades thanks).

Last edited:

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
My favourite knife by far and I have a few. Used for many years now and also shamefully lost it in a welsh woodland for two winters.
Used it this weekend in Wales camping with the family and the butt plate was perfect for smashing off limpet for bait.
Rob is also a top bloke.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Just out of interest what angle does Rob set the grind at?
And is it a different angle to the Skookum bush tool?

Anyone......?

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE