river medway

ocean1975

Jan 10, 2009
rochester, kent
i live opposite the river medway and would like to know if the fish,crabs,eels ect are ok to eat, as i dont no if the water is clean enough!!

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
Being neither a fisherman nor someone who likes the taste of fish, I couldn't say for sure; but if you catch the beasties then put them (alive) in a bucket/tank/bath (depending on size of animal) of fresh water for a week or so, it will give the animal chance to purge its body of the dirty water and taste better.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
The River Medway is tidal at Rochester and further down should be reasonable fishing in the estury. I don't think I would take shellfish from the mud banks though as the medway is one of those rivers that never seems to leave built up areas even in the upper reaches.

Sheerness used to be good for bass and mullet.

I'm sure you will find people fishing at various reaches of the river and estury - just go along and ask them what they catch.

adderrustler

Aug 27, 2007
bridgewater
any inland waterways are poluted with nitrates etc in this country eat them they will be fine purging fish is ok with fresh water fish but salt water fish will die if you try it, but if any have any disfigurement of discolouring of skin throw away.

ocean1975

Jan 10, 2009
rochester, kent
Thanks for the advice,sounds like it's a bit dodgy so maybe i will give it a miss ,till i talk to some local fishermen. Thanks again for your input!!!!!!!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE