River Cleanup

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hi everyone,

Just thought i would post again about our latest Cuerden Valley Park Conservation Volunteer day which we had on Sunday 01 April. Sunday's task was a river clean which we do periodically about 2 or 3 times a year and the CVPT working party turned up in force and split into two groups to help clear certain points along the river where old Willow has fallen in due to bank erosion. Such fallen trees lying accross the river, act as a natural catchment for rubbish and allsorts of detritus everytime the river swells during periods of heavy rain. Eventually we just end up with a dam of rubbish, mud and silt, caught up in the willow branches,:( It's not only visually unsightly but it just diverts the river forcing it to cut into other areas of the bank causing further erosion.

Anyway armed with wellies and waders, bow saws, litter pickers, and plenty of black bags, we got stuck in! it was warm and sunny :cool: and that's all that matters to make the job enjoyable. Towards the afternoon one of the volunteers ran out onto the field shouting: 'look look.. a zeppelin'!..:p so i got myself out of the river to take a look. It was the GoodYear airship making an appearence, not the sort of thing you see everyday so i took a couple of pics, anyway here are the photo's of Sundays group hope you enjoy them.

River%20Clean%2001%20April%202012%20001.JPG

River%20Clean%2001%20April%202012%20002.JPG

River%20Clean%2001%20April%202012%20006.JPG

River%20Clean%2001%20April%202012%20010.JPG

River%20Clean%2001%20April%202012%20017.JPG

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE