Rio Grande Bikerafting Adventure

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bravo4

Nomad
Apr 14, 2009
New Mexico, USA
Here are a few pictures taken on a two-day trip earlier this week. The first day was riding/pushing mountain bikes up and across a 2.5 million year old volcano field known as the Caja Del Rio Plateau. Forty miles to the river, made it at sundown. Had a small fire and slept, quite soundly, under the stars. Day two was spent descending an incredibly scenic and somewhat remote twenty mile section of the Rio Grande, White Rock Canyon.

Very large, random dog who joined us for a couple of miles as we climbed up from the tiny village of La Bajada onto the 'Caja'.
bikepacraftcochitibuckml.jpg

Heading up La Bajada Mesa along the old road to Santa Fe
bikepacraftcochitibuckm.jpg

Desert Prickly-Pear cactus flower

Bikes, Boats, and Dan's big toe

Two Two-Tailed Swallowtails

map check, rapids ahead

Don't want to step on one of these

messing about in boats,:D

bothyman

Settler
Nov 19, 2003
Sutherland. Scotland.
Good to see someone travellling Light.

Are you running Singlespeed on the bike ?? how does that rack stand up to the rough roads ??
I took the gears off mine a while back, no more gears for me.

Is that one of those new Cedar Green Packrafts ??

Looks like a good trip..

MickT

Bravo4

Nomad
Apr 14, 2009
New Mexico, USA
One of the bikes is a single-speed, one has 8, both have 29inch wheels. The racks are holding up well, not my first choice but with the 29er's racks are hard to fit. Loads were kept light. New 09' packrafts in green, did very well; just the right combination for this particular trip.

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
This really is the best of both worlds, bikes and Packrafts on a great trip in beautiful surroundings!
happy0034.gif

The green hulls looks good and I'm beginning to think that Packrafts look 'complete' with a bike on the bow.
happy0054.gif

I'd be a bit apprehensive of the snakes though! :eek:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE