Rights of way !

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pumbaa

Settler
Jan 28, 2005
dorset
I finaly persuaded swmbo to have the courage to give her new tramper a bit of a challange ! So we set of with dogs , kids and the kitchen sink , up the local bridle way . We got about 500yds and there was a lovely man made obstruction !! :eek:
What confronted us was a "kissing gate" , and a bizare looking gate that seems to have no purpose at all as it was a "U" shaped thing (presumabley so horses can cross) this means that Pedestrians , horses , mountain bikers and motorcycle greenlaners could cross it with no problems at all . The only purpose this gate serves is to prevent wheelchair access ( a 4x4 wouldnt get that far due to width) .
Who do i go to to rectifiy this situation ! These Trampers are an amazing bit of kit for anyone with limited mobility and it will mean my wife can get out and see what Dorset is all about , but i fear an access rights campaign could be in order ! :rolleyes:
Any ideas on how to go about this appreciated
Cheers
Pumbaa

pumbaa

Settler
Jan 28, 2005
dorset
Been searching all evening for a picture of it and the closest i can get is this The horse access-vehicle barrier .

Have to say reckon i could get my bandit over that and the motorbike inhibitor ! A trail bike would do it too easily .

But the tramper is just out of ground clearance to clear the bar .
Cheers
Pumbaa

stoddy

Need to contact Admin...
May 4, 2005
dorset
where in dorset pumbaa?

contact the council and kick up a fuss!

I am a builder, and know alot of planners in north dorset council

these idiots just don't think sometimes!

it really ****** me off! so if you need some advice or help, PM me

Pappa

Need to contact Admin...
May 27, 2005
South Wales
www.plot55.com
pumbaa said:
Been searching all evening for a picture of it and the closest i can get is this The horse access-vehicle barrier .

Have to say reckon i could get my bandit over that and the motorbike inhibitor ! A trail bike would do it too easily .

But the tramper is just out of ground clearance to clear the bar .
Cheers
Pumbaa

They just look like obstacles from Kick-Start.
http://tv.cream.org/specialassignments/themes/kickstart.mp3

Bob

Forager
Sep 11, 2003
Dorset
Pumbaa

You need to contact the Rights of Way Officers at County Hall, Dorchester - 01305 251000. Give them a grid ref too so it comes up on the GIS package they use.

Regards

Bob :)

pumbaa

Settler
Jan 28, 2005
dorset
I live near Dorchester and have contacted the rights of way guys at county hall , who are looking into it ! Hopefully something wil be done .
Cheers for the support .
Pumbaa

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE