Ridgeline Trooper 30L back pack - First impressions

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

leaky5

Maker Plus
Jul 8, 2014
Basildon
First impressions of the Ridgeline Trooper 30L back pack.

The material is OK, I would not to the same standard as say Cordura. The backing is quite plasticy, but not a major issue.

Plastic hard ware is OK, non branded. Probably to be expected at this price.

The zips look good. 10mm continuous coil for the main compartment and 8mm on the front on.

Has a slip pocket in the front compartment, the same in the main one (for hydration bladder) and two inner pockets in the main compartment that would take water bottles.

Sewing seems very good all round, all Molle/PALS , handles, straps etc securely sewn. Internal seem binding is also very good.

The is a hydration tube exit point under the top handle. On each side of the handle there is a Velcro flap, not 100% sure about the purpose of this yet. I have emailed Ridgeline to ask what this is for.

For the £25 it looks very good to me, most places in the UK sell this for between £45 and £55. If I was to make a similar bag, all be it with better materials, it would cost about £50-60 just for the materials.

Mods I am planning.

I like a zipped external pocket, so will probably add a zip just above the top row of Molle/PALS on the front and then line the inside of the front panel.
At the same time I will remove the manufacturers badge and sew a larger piece of Velcro in its place.
I may also remove the waist belt as I am unlikely to ever use it.

This was a personal purchase and I have no connection with the seller (apart from I spend lots of money in his shop, but the price I paid was the same as his online price) or manufacturer.

Zips

Straps

Hydration tube exit

Main compartment

Inside of front panel

Velcro flap

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
That looks pretty good for the money. I'd love a bag like that made from the same material as the smocks. And if I didn't have a Berghaus Munro I'd definitely get one anyway.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE