Review - HI GEAR - 1 person pan set

verloc

Settler
Jun 2, 2008
East Lothian, Scotland
I must admit to being a bit of a gear snob (well when I can afford to be :naughty: )but I must admit that there's been a couple of products that HiGear chuck out and Ive been impressed at what you get for the price (this being one of them).

Certainly seem to be very good at producing a hell of a lot for not many pennies.

It's always rocks :headbang: when you pick up a cheap bit of kit and really like it!

Scots_Charles_River

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
Yes, but it actually feels the same quality as MSR/BCB stuff. Not titanium, but it really does feel like a good bit of kit, it has very good build quality and the handles and mechs are a harder alu. The rivets are decent, a downfall of cheap kit, quite thick too.

It is a clever design and the price well what can I say.

Nick

Twoflower

Nomad
May 11, 2007
Northants
I had a high gear aluminum pan set for a few years. I think I paid about £2 for it and it lasted well. Slight drawback with it was that when I hadn't used it for the 2 years I was out the country I didn't check it before packing it for a week away and discovered on the first evening that the pan had turned into a sieve :banghead:

Lasted well though and it went all over the country being used up mountains and in all kinds of strange places.

slasha9

Forager
Nov 28, 2004
Cannock
woodlife.ning.com
I got one of these some years ago (paid a bit more than £3 as I recall!!!) but out of all the various pots, pans, flasks and mugs have used then this one is the quickest and most fuel efficient.:cool:

wildrover

Nomad
Sep 1, 2005
Scotland
6th week of holidays:eek: (must be a teacher then)

The wee potset looks good.
Just the thing to put in a canoe safety/survival pack?
Go Outdoors in Coatbridge I presume?

No guesses where I'm going tomorrow lunch time.

6th week of holidays:rolleyes: :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE