Resupply logistics.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I wouldn't just use flour but if you take along smash too, then tattie scones are good food, and very filling :) They work with gluten free flour too :approve: Oat cakes are just as simple to make as well.

cheers,
M

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
In the Uk your never really that far away from a village /town/ pub. I haven't done any long distance for sometime now but I carried 4 Litres of water [I drink alot] which I could stretch to 2 days if needed and enough food for 2-3 days. Fair enough that is quite heavy but it did make up the majority of my pack weight - the bonus is that it gets lighter as you go on [until you resupply :(] but after a week or so of humping around 15-18kg you do get fitter. Take that for a month or more and you really can feel a difference - as long as you go slow and don't knacker yourself in within the first couple of days [it is, afterall, about having fun]:)

Back when I was young, single and had money I'd have one day a week in a BnB or youth hostel to get washed and dried and maybe 2 pub meals a week [plus a couple of pints]

ebt.

Nomad
Mar 20, 2012
Brighton, UK
In theory very good ideas, alas I fear there may be a few slight flaws.

• The amount of fuel needed to cook dried rice properly vs packaged rice, is quite substantial, meaning you have to carry extra fuel.

You can shorten cooking time/reduce fuel load by presoaking your rice (you're carrying the water anyway, why not just have a soaking container and put the rice and some water in it about 2 hours before you need it). You can also reduce fuel needs with a decent pot cosy....

Personally Im a big cous cous fan, usually in conjunction with something "healthy" like oodles of chorizo ;)

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
if you have base fitness and walk ok, you might be surprised to find something like the WHW, is doable without real training. The muscles, after 2-3, days get used to it.

Alas, I currently have an injury I am having to rebuild my fitness from. I've gone from being unable to walk 3km without pain, to doing 14k walks. Getting there slowly...

J

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE