responsible procurment

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

benjamin.oneill

Forager
Jan 31, 2006
East Sussex, UK
Excuse the title, been reading to much on public sector reform recently

I saw this on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WOOD-BLANKS-B...8278634513QQcategoryZ3126QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

now please don't think there is anything wrong with this lot, I'm not accusing the seller of this item but the price set me thinking:

I'm here at a uni with nice grounds full of lots of impressive and exotic trees. One early start (i think that would be better for eveding students than a late night :lmao: ) with a bahco in hand and I could turn a tidy little profit. I'm also thinking there are a few well established large buxus in some of the church yards near home.

Of course I would never think of it, and I don't have to. I asked some of the groundsmen nicely and they'll let me take bits when they have to prune (I haven't yet because I have little space in my uni room!) and I've got my eye on a nice bough of holm oak, which it would seem looks amazing quarter sawn.

My point is this. Ebay has a nasty side to it, often demand drummed up on the site is met in less than lovelly ways. When you hear about some of the weird stuff of value people steal (in relation to this, plants from gardens etc) I wouldn't put it past someone to do some damage.

You wouldn't buy a car radio for a tenner in the local pub, so I suppose I'm just saying be careful. I can see the local paper headlines already as youths vandalise church grounds to sell buxus, yew etc on ebay

pierre girard

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2005
Hunter Lake, MN USA
Reminds me of my father, a few years back, trusting soul. Called me up to tell me what a deal he'd gotten on a chainsaw. $25 for what appeared to be a brand new Stihl 08. Bought it from a guy at a service station - another customer.

I asked him, "Ever think it might be hot (stolen)?" His face fell. Thought had never crossed his mind.

I did some checking, but found no reports of similar stolen saw, so he gets to keep it, but I've no doubt someone somewhere is missing one.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE