Recycling milk cartons!!! superb!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Thanks for that. Halfway through for now but it is really helpful. I`m thinking about plastic knife-handles for my fishing-blades :cool:

If you cant be bothered with all the prep, buy some polymorph. melt in hot water, mould to shape, tough as nails. Unless you plan on getting it hot again in which case it melts back and is re mouldable

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
buy some polymorph

Careful though it can get out of hand ;)

images

Sorry I'll take my geekiness elsewhere :)....

Two Socks

Settler
Jan 27, 2011
Norway
haha, wouldn`t want that to happen. But I liked the recycle idea in this and buying polymorph defeats that point. Thanks though.

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Making the scales from HDPE would be straightforward enough. Finding a good, long term adhesive might not be so easy; not much sticks to polythene.

Feb 19, 2013
scotland
Made another one today... un finished.... lots of work to do...

This was from a pre- made sheet of hdpe...

Defeating the recycling purpose i know...

But the offcuts and shavings were collected and will be re-melted in the near future.

20130817_193521_zps713c2909.jpg

feralpig

Forager
Aug 6, 2013
Mid Wales
I washed the empty milk bottle out, and kept it today, instead of chucking it in the incinerator..........
I'm sure I can find some use for the melted plastic.

Feb 19, 2013
scotland
190 degrees for an hour in the oven....

This is strong as can be.... this melted stuff is stronger than the hdpe stuff i bought!

Unbeatable!

I love this stuff.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE