Recommendations: Tritium watches other than traser?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
C

Chitterne

Well, my 2nd traser has just broken. Wore a 5900 for a few years and one day it just packed up. Now the second hand has just fallen off the trooper I bought a couple of years ago to replace it. Won't be buying another.

I'm now back on my free work watch (Pulsar G10) but, unlike the old G10s it is lumibrite (or similar) rather than tritium -so you can't read it at 4 oclock in the morning unless you shine a light on it -which drives me mad.

Just been googling tissot, tag etc -none of them seem to be tritium anymore; they've all gone to lumibrite.

Anyone got any suggestions for an unfussy watch that still uses tritium?

Thanks!

C

Chitterne

ummm? non sequitur? Or do you want to buy a broken traser?! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I picked up an Uzi Protector cheap from the bay of e last year and to be fair it's been a good buy so far.

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
Just bought my second Nite MX10 second hand on evilBay - really pleased with it. Only changed because I fancied a metal strap. Make me an offer on a 1st generation MX10 with green face and green strap, light use and no marks...

Jan 8, 2010
Berkshire
I went from having a TRaser to a Luminox and I have been very pleased with it so far. The tritium markers were a must for me in terms of the spec.

Duncan,
Given that you've been on the site off and on for most of the day, I would have thought an answer would have been polite...even just to say 'no'.

Ho hum.

yes sorry a bit rude had read it wed night and was thinkin it over etc been gettin rady to goto teh Cornish RV and left for it Thursday Night etc got back monday afternoon

had forgot about it sorting stuff out etc till i found this thread again have PMed

sorry again

Duncan

ruger_red

Tenderfoot
Mar 9, 2009
Merseyside
Well I've just bought a MX30 202. Should arrive in the next day or so. The MX30 series has now been discontinued so have seen them reduced. Particularly like the MX30 as it isn't a military styled model. Many tritium watches have too cluttered dials for my taste with unnecessary writing like SAS and Seals. The MX30 is wr to 200m, has date function, swiss quartz with 10yr battery and standard lugs. Should make a good general wear tool watch. Never owned a tritium vial watch before so not sure what to expect.

Last edited:

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
... my 2nd traser has just broken ... I'm now back on my free work watch ... lumibrite ... so you can't read it at 4 oclock in the morning unless you shine a light on it ... Anyone got any suggestions for an unfussy watch that still uses tritium?

Well I don't wear a watch unless I'm in dangerous territory and I try as best I can not to look at one at four in the morning anyway, but I can see that some people do feel the need to know the time at all hours. You've reminded me of a French chic I used to know. We were at a party at a friend's house and the guy's clock started to make this "cuckoo, cuckoo" noise. Mademoiselle said "Oh-la-la, a cuckoo watch!". Everybody else fell about laughing, she looked a bit offended. So what with tritium being a strategic material I guess you're looking for a cuckoo watch now.

Many watches can beep on the hour, maybe you could get one that beeps the hours and quarters?

There are watches for the blind that can tell you the time without being able to see it, for example

http://www.alibaba.com/product-free/12260474/Wrist_Watch_For_Blind_People.html

Think laterally. Or sideways, anyways. :)

Jan 2, 2010
cambridgeshire
have had an MX30 for 5 yrs now, battery failed, sent it back to nite, had new battery and a bit of a brush up. bright as ever and has taken a good few knocks.
get worn 24/7 at work and at play, kayaking, walking, cycling etc. gr8 bit of kit.
:BlueTeamE

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE