Recommendations for best person to sharpen a TK1

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
Hi all,

I've been trying to sell a Fallkniven TK1 which is in fantastic condition, but slightly blunted from being used to cut cardboard by a previous owner. I'd like to get it back to a factory edge, and don't trust myself to get it right. Who would we recommend as the best person here to do a sharpening job on it please?

Cheers

Tobes

pauljm116

Native
May 6, 2011
Rainham, Kent
Fallkniven offer an excellent sharpening service at a great price, the postage to get it there and back isn't so cheap unfortunately. I had chipped the blade on my A1 so sent it to them, had it back within 10 days and looked like a new knife.

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
AWESOME. I had no idea they offered that. I've got a couple of pocket knives that could do with some attention, so I'm going to box the lot up and send them to Sweden. Thank you!

ejtrent

Maker Plus
Jun 19, 2013
Bournemouth
Best solution for sure! I was going to say you would be welcome to come down to Bournemouth and I could look at it for you, but fallkniven will be best i imagine!

Robson Valley

On a new journey
Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Don't feel inhibited to learn to sharpen edges, yourself.
Very useful skill to apply to every edge in your house.

Me? I sharpen freehand. Took time to get to be really good at it.
It's a learning process. After all, the edge is just a piece of metal.
The range in my kitchen is $2.00 up to $100.00.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
The VG10- and 3G steel they used in the Tre Kronor 1 are a pig to sharpen, but can be done.
I m not bad sharpening knives, freehand or with help, but none of my Fallknivar has a nice looking edge. Too much work, imo.

The Tre Kronor 1 is around US 400 or so, new?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE