recommend me a setup

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Loenja

Settler
Apr 27, 2008
forest row
i am trying to decide on a entry level dslr,
in question are nikon d3100, d3000, canon 450d, 500d, sony a 390. as a base.

then i would also like to set up a digiscope setup.
can anyone recommend a scope and mount that would fit the above cameras.
all of this is on a relatively tight budget.......
this is for wildlife photography, so high magnification, and light sensitivity are quite important)
thanks in advance Lonja

I

IBrown

If you are going to digiscope you need to go for a 80mm scope to let lots of light in. As for camera's I would go for the Canon because they still take the older SLR lens whereas Nikon will only take the dedicated digital Lens unless you go for the older Nikon the D70 I think. Depending on your budget a Opticron would be the mid range price.
Here is a couple of sites I used when i was starting out Digiscoping.

http://www.digiscopediary.co.uk/digiscoping-adapters.html

http://digiscopingukbirds.homestead.com/

www.birdforum.net is excellent forun for advice

Hope this helps

Ian

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
No idea on the scope part.
On teh DSLR side of things I recomend that you go to a shop and handle them as some will instinctively right in your hand and others will just feel wrong. This is one of the reason some people love Nikon and others love Canon. I myslef prefer Olympus but I take shots of slow things so its ok but if you need qhick focusing it will cost. You love the sony for instance all will do a good job at a price point generally.

look HERE for reviews

duncwilson

Feb 27, 2011
uk
www.headtorch.co.uk
I hate to sound like a neanderthall here but I use my phone camera - 6 MP - takes really nice photos and useful in an emergency - saves me lumping around all of that kit.
Amazing that photos of such good quality can be taken on a phone now !

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE