Recommend a sleeping bag please

Lee Wright

Forager
Mar 9, 2009
Nottingham
Hi all, looking for a new sleeping bag as my current one is really starting to cause me problems due to it's packed size.
Currently using a Vango Nitestar 350 sleeping bag that has served me absolutely flawlessly for over two years now, really can not fault this piece of kit in the slightest. Comfort temperature is 0 degrees and I have used it at that temperature and was very happy with the baffles and hood at keeping in the warmth.
The reason that I'm considering a new bag is that I do a bit of climbing and when I pack for a weekend this takes up nearly half my bag, even when squashed down in the compression sack. Ideally I'd like something really small and light when packed, something like a 2 season, on the understanding that most of the time it will be twinned with a Rab storm bivvy bag and there's the possibility of a liner at a later date if needed, although I'll be keeping the vango for car/winter based outings.
Thanks for reading and I look forward to your input. Cheers, Lee.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Have a look at the Alpkit bags Lee. I'm just in the process of treating myself to their Pipedream 600, they tag it as a 3 season down to about -10 so it'll do me for the UK along with my underblanket.
To save a bit of space you really need to think about a down bag, if you like the Vango's (great bags) then they do some tidy 2 & 3 season down models now, Vipers and Venoms I think. They do some really nice ones under their Force Ten brand, a bit pricier though.
From what I've been reading though lately, you'll come back round to the Alpkits everytime, the spec and price can't be beaten I don't think.

Or there's a cracking 4 season Snugpak in the classifieds at the moment ;)

Lee Wright

Forager
Mar 9, 2009
Nottingham
Cheers for the fast replies! Been having a nosey round and the Vango Venom 300's look pretty good for everything I had in mind, similar temperature spec's but pack a lot smaller due to being down and price doesn't seem as harsh as the Rab bag's I was looking at!
I like to sleep fairly cool, never been able to sleep with so much as a T-shirt on in this bag, so I think a 2-3 season should do me for most of the year.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE